Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ladies,
I could do with a little help. I am so confused by what supplements I and my DH should be taking before our next treatment cycle.
I always take folic acid and have started taking Santatogen Mother to be tablets too . Although I have noticed the Sanatogen tablets have the RDA of folic acid already in it , so won't take folic acid seperately from now- is this right?
DH has been out and brought himself some VIT C combined with Zinc .
Is this enough for us both? I have read endless posts on here of ladies taking all sorts . I am confused as to what are the key things that both I and DH should take. Is there anything else DH should be taking ? Anything else I can take? I don't want to go over the top with supplements , I just want to check I and DH are getting enough of the key things. This may sound silly , but by taking alot of supplements can it have bad effects on treatment? Can taking one type of supplement affect how a different supplement works ?
I am a bit baffled by the amount of supplements out there in relation to fertility....It confuddles me! ^idiot^

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

^Heart^ Lolli xxx

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi Lollipops

I reckon the 2 of you will be absolutely fine with multivits of the Wellman/Pregnacare type or even splash out on the Zita West/Marilyn Glenville stuff. If you want to pick and mix your vits tho, have a look at Angelbumps post over here:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=226042.0

But as I say the over the counter multivits are usually more than sufficient so don't tie yourself in knots trying to figure out how much of which stuff to take if it's all a bit too much information!

Good luck hon!
xxx

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Han.
Will check the link out now.

Lolli xxx

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hey just clocked that you've just had your hydrosalpinx sorted, how are you feeling???

xxx

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Hi, I asked my clinic about it all because I thought my head might explode with all the different types of stuff. they basically said just a pregnancy vitamin ideally, they recommended not to use a multi vitamin, something to do with Vitamin A which they don't like but can't remember why.

Good luck x

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Han ,

I am ok thankyou. I'm over the worst of it now I think.
I hope your ok - I have just read your signature - I am so sorry  ^hugme^
Do you plan to have more tx? Your last go was in Barbados?! Can I ask what made you pick there? Apart from the stunning weather!

Lolli x

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maisyz - Thanks for the advice. To be honest I might just still to my pre-conception vits. I just can't get my head round all the others?! ^idiot^  I don't want to do more harm than good.
I haven't heard about that Vitamin A stuff- must research that one!
Many thanks!

Lolli x

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Maisyz said:
Hi, I asked my clinic about it all because I thought my head might explode with all the different types of stuff. they basically said just a pregnancy vitamin ideally, they recommended not to use a multi vitamin, something to do with Vitamin A which they don't like but can't remember why.

Good luck x
I meant the pregnancy / conception multivitamins Maisy!

Lolli - I went for Barbados cos I'd heard great things about the clinic from other FF-ers who'd been there and I wanted a Caribbean donor :) Best cycle I've ever had, nothing like having the acupuncturist come to you for the pre and post transfer acu and then going to the beach across the road afterwards! :)

xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts