1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congratulations Desi. BFP-tastic! x

·
Registered
240 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS DESI!!!! That's fantastic news!

Re: FET transfer dates: I'm in a similar position and am hoping to go ahead with FET in January. All I have been told is that they don't do FET on a sat/sun or Wednesday. They simply said that they would arrange an FET date once my lining was ready. I'm still unclear as to how flexible that would be. Also, with a potential window of time in mind, when they would want me to start again on the patches!

Hope all the ladies who are soon to have their et are doing ok. As far as notice for that goes, I received a phonecall on a Tuesday for ET on that following Saturday in my last cycle. We managed to get a flight on the Friday.

Wishing you all the very best of luck!

Jimjam x 

·
Registered
406 Posts
congrats Desiderio on your BFP,  ^dancing spot^ ^dancing spot^ ^rainbow^
Ennjay, fingers crossed that you get the call soon.
Hi to everyone else.
Me???still waiting for AF..was lovely to wake up to snow today.
All those snow bound, it is 14 degrees in Barca today, positively balmy. ;D
Jaxxs

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congratulations Desi!! Great news

on the FET, once your lining is ok they let you select a date for transfer ideally between 12 and 20. Much easier to plan for FET than fresh transfer.

Jim Jam if you want a transfer in January - assume 20th January for example, then you need to start the patches on the 1st, scan on 7th and day 20 would be transfer on the 20th Jan. If you are on the pill you stop a few days before the first, AF arrives around the 1st and on that day start patches. If you transferred on day 15 which hypothetically is 20th Jan then you would start patches on 5th....does than make sense? The major issue for planning is hoping that the lining is OK by day 7, if not you need to rescan a few days later.

Mollye

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi!
Desi: YES!!!!!! I wish you a fantastic day !
I am at work by now so I will not stay longer. Just wanted to share this moment with you (it's so great !).
Bye

·
Registered
215 Posts
ennjay, jim jam thanks for answering my questions about fet. i was hoping for a little more accurate information from im in regards to fet. easier to plan or at least for me if i had a couple weeks lead time....i guess i will have to get a grip with the fact it will only be a couple days lead time to plan the actual trip. yikes. i just was hoping for the least amount of stress for the cycle.

mollye thanks for providing more info about fet.

crossing my fingers for all of us in the next couple of months.

desi congrats on bfp. Happy Early Christmas or Happy Belated Thanksgiving from the States. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Desi, what great news!!!! Congratulations! Very happy for you. Look after yourself and keep us updated.
Xxx rainbow

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello everyone
I am new to this thread - we have been TTC for 4 years.  We are currently waiting for DD at IM.  I stopped the pill on Sunday so will start patches soon.  Am finally starting to feel excited about the month ahead - its magical with the snow isn't it?

Desi - CONGRATULATIONS - you and your DH must be over the moon.  Enjoy your BFP. :) :)
loganeV, jaxxs and ennjay we are all at the same stage, I think so will be great chatting with you.

Love Groover x

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome Groover, This makes 6 of us all cycling together, I am looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

I have a question for you all out there, since going off the pill I have felt quite unwell, nauseous, dizzy and have had insomnia. THis pill didnt suit me very well and I didnt feel good on it, but I seem to be having withdrawal symptoms. Has anyone else felt this way coming off the pill.  Also, ( sorry if this is TMI) I think  I have been lactating as I have a white discharge on my nipples. Is this normal..should I phone IM??
I just hope AF comes soon so that I might feel better. :mad:
thanks everyone Jaxxs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the thread Groover,  its a good place to come to, lots of wonderful support and understanding here.

Jaxx's, I can't say I experienced any of your symptoms when I came off the pill, nothing that I remember.  I have had insomnia and headaches for several days and have sometimes felt unwell, I thought that might be due to excitement/worry and my overactive mind.  I have read on other threads about people having withdrawal symptoms when they come off the pill and they just dissappear, but I always think the best thing to do with anything that concerns you even slightly is to check with the experts.  A quick phone call or email to IM won't do any harm and can help put your mind at rest.  I have sent lots of email's to IM about things I have been unsure about and called them a few times as well and they are pretty good at getting back to me.  Anyway, I hope AF arrives soon and you feel better  ^hugme^

Still waiting for the call, I hope we can actually fly when we do get it.  Airports closing all over the place.

Hope everyone else is doing well today.  Good luck with everyone having scans and waiting for AF. 

Ennjay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi everyone!
I posted a reply yesterday evening (in particular to the 5 ladies cycling 'with me') but it seems that it did not work... I will do it again later.
Here I am coming back from my scan and have to go to work.
My lining is (only?) 6.5 mm (at day 8, or more precisely day 7.5)
I think I had thicker lining during my IVFs.
I read that IM considers 5mm is sufficient but what do you think about it?
Bye!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello ladies, I feel so much better today, infact I feel weirdly energetic, I guess we take hormones for granted and I know I often forget how potent they are until I have an unpleasant reaction, I think it is a combo of withdrawal from the pill and PMT. I think I might be starting the patches tommorow, fingers crossed.
Lollipoppet, are you on patches yet???
ennjay, thankyou for your advice and taking the time to give it,I will take it, I feel a little uncomfortable talking about the nipple thing with them , but guess I should just get over it.  It is going to be warmer on the weekend, so if you get the 'call' in the next few days then you should be ok to fly. Are you using a London Airport? as Standsted still seems to be ok at present.
LOgane...Yipee, IM will be happy with your lining and it looks like all systems go for you.
Rainbow, isnt your scan tomorrow or the next day?Hope it goes well.
^snowflake^ Jaxxs

·
Registered
292 Posts
HI Jaxxs and LoganeV and Ennjay and Lollipoppet, and Groover, and everyone else!!!
Welcome to Groover and hope you can feel the great support that we all get here from this thread! you are cycling with a group of us which is nice!
Jaxxs, so glad to hear you are feeling much better, and i completely agree that we sometimes take for granted and ignore how the hormones affect us> looks like your af on the way and you can get the ball rolling. Very exciting. Why dont you just email your medical assistant re the nipple thing and that way you dont have to actually talk to them about it...I am also quite shy about stuff and email is my refuge!!
LoganeV, I dont know much about lining and I am also a little concerned that my lining tomorrow wont be particulary thick (lets just say that I have been a bit naughty with my acupuncturist's nutritional advice and not following it closely enough!) > i guess that we have to trust IM to know best and I think that your lining sounds perfectly fine!
Lollipoppet, how are you doing? we havent heard from you in a while?
Ennjay, hope you are not too anxious waiting for your call.I imagine that is quite a hard part of the process. I think the snow should be finishing tomorrow so hopefully you shouldnt have a problem.
As for me, I just came back from the bank and made the payment, so that is done, and certainly getting more excited as each day passes. I really hope my lining is alright tomorrow....

Hello to everyone else,
Ive been super busy at work but hoping to sit down and write a longer post soon
xxx Rainbow

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi everyone!
Groover: welcome! It is nice to be 6 together.
Ennjay: I hope that the waiting is not too hard. I think that the weather does not help. I saw that snow was important in UK and and consequences on airports. I guess this add stress. Sorry, but I do not remember: are you (like us) in a case where you absolutely need to use fresh sperm?
Jaxxs: I only had big headaches after the stop-pill and this is quite usual for me before AF. But if you have any doubt, you may mail to IM to be sure. Thank you for having quickly answering that my lining was OK (I had not the time to answer immediately but when working I had a look at your answer). IM also mailed me that my lining is fine and that consequently I will have 'most probably' my transfer between 4 December and 14 December. So we may be called very soon now.
Rainbow: good luck for the scan tomorrow. I hope it will be fine. How do you feel with the patches. I am sometimes stressed, more that I should be. Partly it comes from the fact that I wish to finish many things before the end of week to be ready for the call but partly it should come from the 'relaxing effect' of the hormones (?).
Lolli: how are you? Did you begin the patches?
Bye!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi everyone and especially the super six cyclers  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  - thanks for the warm welcome to the board.

Well I started this morning on the patches.  I decided to stick them on my bottom so it felt most strange going off to work with two clear big plasters stuck on my buttocks!  Felt great though knowing that we are finally underway - woo hoo.  DH also excited and sent the email off to IM.  Scan booked for next Thursday :eek:
Jaxxs - I didn't have any symptoms coming off the pill - only the usual shouting at DH for no reason whatsoever. ^idiot^  hope you feel better now.
Ennjay - We have been worrying about planes being cancelled and airports shutting because of the weather but DH just said hey ho - we'll catch the Eurostar or even drive if we have to. :-\
Loganev -you could get your call anytime now - have you written your xmas cards?
Lollipoppet - have you started the patches - we must be almost in sync.
Rainbow - is it your scan tomorrow - sending lots of positivity your way for a perfect lining.
Lots of love to everyone
Groover xxx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well today! 

LonganeV, good news with your lining your well on your way now.  My lining was around a mm less than yours at the thickest end and thinner than 5mm in the middle.  The Dr's at IM said it was perfectly fine.  I also always had a thicker lining during my IVF cycles but I am trusting IM and their expertise in this, (I will however be drinking pineapple juice and eating a few brazil nuts).  We don't absolutely need to use fresh sperm but it would be better if we did and so we are going to do our utmost to get there in time, hopefully we will get more than 24hrs notice.  Hope you are not feeling too stressed today.

Jaxx's, glad your feeling better and I hope you heard from IM with your reply. Have you started the patches yet? I will be flying out from a London airport, Heathrow was looking OK last time I looked, good to know Stansted is still open too.

Rainbow, good luck with your lining today, was your nutritional advise about brazil nuts and pineapple juice?  I was worried about over doing it and my lining being too thick!  I didn't even know a lining could be too thick until I heard it from IM.  I always thought the thicker the better ???  Do you see your acupuncturist through out the whole process, in the past I have seen one just before and after embryo transfer.

Groover, great you have started your patches.  Let us know how sticking them on the bottom works, I had a few problems with mine falling off at the beginning and have been sticking to the sides and front of the legs.  The Eurostar and car are an option, do you know how long would it take to get there.  I am hoping that we will be able to get a flight from one of the London airports to some where in the general direction and go on from there if we can't get a direct flight.

Lollipoppet, how are you doing?

Mollye, have you had your results fro your diabetes test back yet?  Hope you are doing OK.

Hi to everyone else

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good morning all!

Ennjay, good to hear you have a plan for getting there, and we will probably have to follow your example if the weather doesn't change. I agree that we might have to take flights to somewhere else and then travel to Barcelona (a train, plane or automobile scenario) or worse comes to the worse it will be a drive (probably somewhere between 15 and 20 hour drive).... You are getting so close now!!!

Re the acupuncturist, I have been having irregular treatment (every 3 weeks) in the past, so for about a year and a half now.. It is really helpful in terms of helping to relax, but also having someone to talk to, who is impartial and very nurturing. IN terms of the nutritional advice, which is based on a Chinese Medicine approach, she recommended eating lots of hot soups made with meat on the bone (like Chicken soup) and also lots of green leafy veg (cabbage etc). I have also been supplementing with the pineapple and brazil nuts, although I think I didnt actually ask her about that. She is now in China so I wont have a treatment until I see Joachim before et.

LoganeV, how are you feeling? I had my scan this morning and my lining thickness was only 4.5 (!) waiting for IM's response. The person scanning didnt seem to think this was bad for a (barely) day 7. I think that the lining grows 1.5mm a day, so I am not actually too worried either. (although I did just consume half a  pineapple and drinking pineapple juice as we speak!)

Groover, I also put the patches on my bottom for the first round, and they were fine there. it does feel quite wierd at first though, doesnt it?!! Very exciting though and makes it all the more real.
Jaxxs, how are you doing? Any resolve? how are the patches feeling?

It is great having you all as buddies and I am so grateful for this forum.
By the way, what supplements are you taking? I am out of my previous ones and need to buy some new ones and want to make sure i get the best!

xxxxxx
Rainbow

·
Registered
406 Posts
^merlin^  Hi everyone, my period has finally started and I will begin the patches this evening. I have just let IM know and am waiting for their response. So Groover we are cycling very close together, how exciting.
Logane you must be very excited to be so close to getting the call, I am sure all the snow problems will be over very soon.
Ennjay you must be sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the call...hope it is very soon.
Rainbow, congrats on your lining it is just a matter of waiting now, I was told by the Zita WEst clinic to put a hot water bottle onto my tummy in the evenings to help the lining to thicken ( but not after ET)as lots of warmth helps the lining, they also said to wear a scarf or something warm tto wrap around my tummy area during cold weather during the day, ( most unattractive I know but needs must).
LOllipoppet, we havent heard for you in a while, but we are all thinking of you. Have you started the patches yet?

Thnkyou all for all your advice and support during my withdrawal symptoms, I did phone IM and they said not to worry as the symptoms had stopped. :)
Thinking of you all at this busy time
Jaxxs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Still waiting for my phone call, it is now day 16.  Does anyone know if they do scans on the donors during the weekends? 

Rainbow, I made some chicken soup today, maybe you were sending out vibes when you wrote your email  :).  Have you heard from IM yet,  my lining was only over 5mm (51/2) at one end which is always thicker, mid cavity it was 4.4mm.  I wonder what thickness it is now. 
I take the Zita West supplements, they were recommended by a midwife, she said that even though the ones I took at the time were adequate, these were much better.  They also do a male version.  I also take some extras, Dr Marilyn Glenville wrote a book called getting pregnant faster, advise on IVF, helping you conceive and preventing miscarriage; which I picked up in a health food store a few years ago.  It recommends levels of supplements to take including things like EPA for natural killer cells which I take.

Jaxxs, great news AF finally arrived.  You can start on the patches  ;D.  Glad IM said not to worry about your symptoms coming off the pill.  I warm hot water bottle sounds very inviting at the moment, maybe I could tie it to me with a scarf when I go out into the cold  :)

I must agree with Rainbow and Jaxxs, its great having you all to chat to and having this forum to come to. So thankyou lots. 

Hope you are all doing well today.

1 - 20 of 707 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.