Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi, I have been reading this site for two years and have just plucked up the courage to join  ::) .
I joined to get help and advice and to hopefully be able to help and advise others  ;D

So IVF coming up in July unless fate has other ideas and blesses us before then  ^reiki^ im still trying this PMA lark cos im not usually great at it!!

Ive picked up some of the abbreviations over the years but bear with me if I get some wrong  ;D

My story-I have a lovely DS who is going to be a teenager in 5 months  :eek: who i had at age 20 after being in a short relationship. Was on my own for 4 years then met the love of my life! He kept me hanging on for commitment ie moving in or marriage (we stopped using contraception a year after we met and cos of work we didn't see each other very often so didn't expect anything to happen), he moved in with us nearly 3 years ago. We didn't really decide on TTC, after a year of nowt happening we went to the docs. They did the usual tests, came back fine but was referred to fertility unit. Was told our only option was IVF and sent on our way.
Christmas 2009 DH (DP as he was then) asked me to marry him!  :-* and i got straight on with wedding planning. Feb came-did a test, why i don't know and up popped PREGNANT 1-2, OMG shock and panic-We had booked the wedding for Sept, I would be due 4 wks later, so we moved the wedding forward to April. Told everyone about the baby and in march i had a slight bleed. Got a scan and saw our baby  :) bleeding got worse over 3 days, so phoned EPU and got told to go there. We sat for 3 hrs waiting to be seen, had a scan and i knew that our longed for baby had gone  :-\ :'(
TTC commenced the month after, ovulated bang on time. After trying for afew months went back to the docs-little did we know that because it had been longer than a year since seeing the unit, we had to go through ALL the tests again before we got seen at fertility unit again  :'(

We had appointment just before xmas and again told IVF is the way to go so trying to save £5,000 in time for July.

Thank you for reading this far  ;D I hope to make friends and hope i haven't bored anyone to sleep  ;D

Karen

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Karen  :)

im new too... just wanted to wish u lots of luck and babydust for july..fingers crossed eh...sorry to read about your miscarriage  :(... i went through the same after my 3rd cycle...  u r blessed to have your ds and lets hope he will have a little bro or sis soon.

Ive not had any treatment since 2004/05  as split from hubby ( now passed away)  but me and my partner are hoping to start again in the future.  Im 31 yrs old ( young lol )

Take care

Lisa xx

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lisa,

I hope things work out for you and im blowing babydust your way too  :)

Miscarriage is the worst thing to deal with (i still don't think i have  :-\_
Every day i am thankful we have a son as he, to me, is a miracle  :)

Karen x

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Faithope!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

Glad you took the courage to join! We don't bite, well some of us do, but we keep them caged up! ^evil^ ;D I think it is great that you have a PMA, keep hold of it! There is thread for newbies which includes a list of abbreviations CLICK HERE - think that might help you! Did your tests bring up anything?

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I am glad you have already found the pregnancy, stillbirth & neonatal loss section. I hope the ladies there will be a comfort to you.

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Yes, I am still awake!! ;)

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your journey. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for my welcome Wraakgodin  :)

I am so relieved to have found the courage to join as ive been helped already by you lovely ladies  :)

Our tests-the first lot of bloods i had (at this point i had no idea about levels etc) the doc told me i was ovulating. DH sperm count was 158million, 60% moving. Got pregnant after 19months trying (no OPKs or watching out for EWCM)
Second lot of tests we took after the miscarrige and my ovulation level was 19-i thought it had to be 30+ so i cried and thought i didn't ovulate. But the consulatant at OFU said that anything above 16 is ovulation  :) and i felt ov pain too so i do ovulate  :) My DH sperm count came back as 83million and only 20% moving  :'( consultant said it needs to be 40% or more moving  :'(
I now look out for EWCM and thankfully i have that! and we brought a fertility monitor which showed peaks until October then my cycle went haywire-our miscarried bay's due date was october, all our repeat tests were taken in October too. My inner thoughts tell me that the stress of the due date has thrown our bodies off course and thats why the tests were'nt so great... :-\
So she said IVF, forget clomid as it won't help DH's swimmers at all, it will stop them dead in their tracks  :(

So we are saving like mad and WILL have IVF in July  :) because IT will work first time... ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

K xx

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also meant to put that my LH was 4.9 and my FSH was 4.6 (which im told is excellant egg reserve, is this correct??)

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts