Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone and thank goodness for this site! It was a huge help during my first unsuccessful IVF cycle in December 2004.

As for me, the subject line sums it up pretty well - I had a trachelectomy in July 2003, the tumour in the cervix was removed but then the uterus closed... and I've been having huge problems with my periods since, the doctors can't find a way to keep the hole open... I want kids but IVF is my only possibility as things stand because the passageway is closed... It's been kept open off and on over the last 6 months with a catheter, kept in place by a small balloon, but this is not a long-term solution 'cause it's extremely unpractical and it damages the walls of the uterus, thereby making implantation impossible.

So that's my story.

Will start another cycle in a week or so. The doctors seem to think that it'll be my last - which means that if it doesn't work I might need a hysterectomy  :mad:  :mad: :-[

We'll see. Enough about me for now!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
HI Zuzzy - good to have you back on the site.
So sorry for your ongoing probs - bet you and your gynae know each other well!
Hope your cycle works hun - how will they overcome the implantation problem for you?
Looking forward to seeing you posting in cycle buddies. I'm in the Jan / Feb thread, but there is also a feb / march thread on the go.
Lots of luck
Fee xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Zuzzy,

Wow you've certainly been through it haven't you.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you and sending you lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ !!

Good luck,

Andrea xxx

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, it's great to get replies so fast!  :) :) :)

The doctors don't know why the last IVF didn't work, probably 'cause they decided to do ICSI at the last moment in order to get more embryos. In the end they transferred 3, 1 obtained through IVF and the other 2 through ICSI but on the second day so the quality wasn't that good.

Implantation shouldn't be a problem - they take the catheter out as soon as I start stimming so the womb has a chance to regenerate before the ET.

I hope this makes sense... the doctors say I'm one hell of a complicated case but I'm no longer used to trying to explain it all from the beginning.

Let's keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling better and hopeful already...

^daisy^

zuzzy

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Zuzzy

Welcome to FF!

Wishing you success with your tx.

Laine x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts