Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

I'm new - donating my eggs

867 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  nickel 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Me and Hubby are going for ICSI as soon as we can.

I am going to donate my eggs. 

The hospital told me it could take quite a few months to find a match. I thought it would be quite quick. I thought there were quite a few people needing eggs.

Would this hold up my treatment? I would still donate even if it takes a few months.

Any information would be appriciated.

#2 ·
Hi there,

I heard recently at the NGDT conference that the Cromwell has more donors than waiting recipients - a very unique situation in the UK - but I would say if the news gets out then there will be a rush for treatment there. I presume you're egg sharing. I don't know if eggs for egg-share can be frozen while waiting for a recipient and it seems such a shame you may have to wait as you want to do this very kind thing by donating to another woman.

I hope you're not kept waiting too long. There are many other clinics in the UK with a dire shortage of eggs but I don't know if it's logistically possible for you to go to another clinic?

Best of luck in your treatment and I hope it all works out soon for you.

ginger xxx

#3 ·
Thanks for replying! wow, I did not know that.

I will give them a call today.

Thank you

#4 ·
Hello,

Just spoken to the Cromwell and they have plenty of people needing donating eggs. They will call me next week to let me know the match.

Phew - you did get me worried there  :)

#5 ·
Hi - I'm so glad the Cromwell might be able to help you.

How strange that I heard there were many more donors than recipients, someone must have  gotten things very mixed up!! Sorry for any confusion. I do hope you're not waiting long to get a good match.

Best wishes

Ginger

#6 ·
Hi
Just trying to find out how long the waiting lists are for the cromwell i may need egg donation.
Any Idea Please

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.