Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 25 DH also 25. Been TTC for 2yrs. I have PCOS. DH had sperm analysis performed as formality prior to being referred to gynae for possible clomid treatment. Very shocked to discover no sperm present (azoospermia). repeat samples confirmed also azoospermia. Think the reason for this is husband had an undescended testicle, which was operated on age 5 years. Husband having testicular biopsy next week. Also got apt at gynae/infertility next week. Very confused and upsetting time as really dont know what to expect. Also concerned how my husband will deal with all this! Would like any advice etc, from someone in similar situation.

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Izzyboo ^hugme^

What a shock for you both ^hugme^ We dont have that issue ourselves, but I know there are a number of couples on here who do and have overcome it to have a family, in one way or another.
Your PCOS makes it difficult to concieve but not impossible, so once your DH has his ^sperm^ Sorted I'm confident your turn will come, meanwhile keep reading and posting on the site to get the best support and Friendships and tonnes of knowledge from experience.
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,
HFEA Website (Free booklet)
http://www.hfea.gov.uk/en/1131.html

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

The Mens Room~
CLICK HERE

PCOS
CLICK HERE

You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm),
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
17 Posts
:) Hi ya
I know just how you are feeling, my dear husband who I love to pieces also had zero sperm, his is due to a rare genetic syndrome called Kleinfelter syndrome, which we only discovered after ttc for approx 2 years.  Our only hope for having a family together is IUI with donor sperm.  I have just had first cycle of same 8 days ago, and am now in the dreaded 2ww.  My husband has been incrediably accepting and supportive, so I am very fortunate.  Have faith it will all work out.  ^rainbow^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello izzyboo, just wanted to say welcome to FF and yo send you a massive ^hugme^ for you and your DH. It's quite an adjustment you are having to make right now - to the idea of needing treatment to have babies and now also to the idea you might not have any sperm and need donor - so it's understandable if you are both feeling a bit all at sea right now. The best way to deal with DH is to talk about it openly. If he finds it difficult to talk to you then perhaps a trained counsellor would be beneficial, although it is important that you help him understand that you do not hold him accountable in any way and you will get through this together.

Wishing you lots of luck with your next steps. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi izzyboo and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

So sorry to read that you have PCOS and that your partner has no sperm in any of his results. I just wanted to wish you loads of luck for both of your appointments and that something can be done to help you conceive a baby.

Kate xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the messages.
I'm feeling a lot more positive. Its good to know other people are going through similar things. I'm at the beginning of my journey and I just feel for all those's of you that are so much further along.
Apt at fertility clinic made me feel more positive, been put on the NHS IVF waiting list. Another SA performed which a few sperm seen on the wet prep. So there does seem to be a little more hope. This has helped my husband soooooooo much!
Fertility clinic advised to cancel biopsy as the hospital don't have freezing facilities, and that if sperm was seen it would be a waste if it wasn't frozen for future use. I agree and so did my hubby, so apt was cancelled.
I like to think there is always someone in a worse position and I think I'm quite lucky, I got a lovely husband and I really do believe dreams do come true!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts