Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello  :)

I am new to this site. Am going through our 1st IVF cycle at Oxford Ferility Unit after 3 1/2 years TTC. I'm now 35 and DH is 43 and we have unexplained infertility. Seeing all my friends and sister conceiving and having their babies has been really hard, but we have gone through the anger of why us, and then the grieving of it not happening for us nowand are now much more positive about it all,

Have done the down regulation with Syranel and started my injections of Gonal F last night Will be scanned on 12th August. Quite up & down at the moment - I was very scared about injecting myself and didn't realise how hard it would be to overcome the natural instinct not to cause yourself harm - sticking yourself with a needle seems really stupid - however finally plucked up the courage and did it.

Didn't hurt - really easy - felt really stupid for having cried and ranted at my hubby before I did it. Luckily he was sensitive enough not to say ' All that fuss about nothing' bless him.

It's really good to be able to read other people's concerns on the site.

Here's hoping for our miracle!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Welcome to the site hoping4miracle

Good Luck with your treatment  ^fairydust^

I know exactly what you mean about the injection thing.  I have done IVF twice now and still wince and wonder what i am doing to myself just before the needle goes in.  Even though you know it really doesn't hurt you still feel apprehensive.  Oh well its all in a good cause

Hope to get to know you better on the boards
Love
Bear
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.