Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only just seen the Manchester section after researching a Lipiodol flush which is what I'm having tomorrow.

I had a HSG last April which showed my only tube to be clear, then I had a Lap & Dye in September which showed everything to be healthy. I do have mild PCOS but I ovulate and my periods are regular. This flush is my last chance before Clomid, but I have to lose 4 stone before that. I am considering stopping all the hospital appointments after this procedure because I'm struggling a bit and know there isn't much more they can do to help. We can't afford IVF, and at the moment I don't know what I think about Egg Share.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello. Is anyone at Tameside Hospital? And has anyone else had the Lipiodol flush?

x

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this to and wanted to say hi. I'm in a slightly different boat to you but want to say good luck, plenty of people to chat to in here. I'm just starting my first ivf injections today after having the lap , dye treatment and unforunately 3 failed IUI's. Plenty of clinics seem to offer much cheaper ivf foe egg donation or sperm donation, if either of these are an option to u. I made my choices by going to open evenings for different clinics. Good luck again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vicci.

Its definitely something I'd consider, but I think in a few years time rather than now I'm 25 so I want to give myself a few more years before giving up and going down the IVF route.

The Cons who did my Lipiodol flush has said I can have Clomid if I'm not pregnant in 4 months so I'm hoping seeing as he said this without saying "if you lose weight" that it means I can have it. But I am going to try and lose weight before I go back in July x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, hope every one gets a bfp soon!!
Does any one no how long the waiting list is for manchester care ivf?
Thanks to every one who can help!!
baby dust**********

1 - 6 of 6 Posts