Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I only discovered this site last night. I had my egg transferal yesterday on my first try of ICSI. Everything has gone really positively so far, I have responded well to the drugs and the embryos are of excellant quality. Only thing is I am feeling more stressed now than I have throughout the rest of the treatment...........has anybody else experienced this? I'm making sure I relax my body, but I want my head to relax too!!! I've suffered with an anxiety disorder before and it feels like its coming back!!! XX

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Helenstar,

I have had two 2wws so far and I know what you mean about the mind not relaxing. We`re having our second ICSI at the moment. There`s some relaxation cds you can buy and listen to. I have been using one called IVF companion and I found it does help in relaxing me when I listen to it daily during treatment and after ET. I can give you the link to the site if you like.

Try not to focus your mind too much on 'possible symptoms' as the cyclogest pessaries can also mimic pregnancy symptoms. There isn`t necessarily any obvious pregnancy symptoms which everyone has either especially so early on.

You may also like to post your question on the 2WW board, here`s the link, more ladies may reply to you there... http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=27.0

Above all, it sounds like everything went really well with your treatment (tx) so well done. Getting that far is also an achievement.

Good luck with the rest of your 2ww ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and here if you need to chat.
This site is great and has been my main companion ever since I`ve discovered it ;)

Roses xxxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Roses

Thanks for your kind reply.  If you would be able to send me the details for that CD that would great thanks! Its very hard to relax isn't it?!  I thought I would just be excited, I am, but the anxiety keeps creeping in ....! 

Yes I think I'm addicted to this site already, I have been talking to girls who are having treatment at the same clinic as me and its been a real help!

You have bee through a lot, I really hope this time is your lucky turn  ^pray^ xxx

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
hi there,ladies i no what u mean about relaxing im starting my down regulating tomorrow this my first cycle we are having icsi,and im really scared about doing my injection tomorrow i just cant take my mind off it all so gods knows what im gonna be like when it comes to egg collection or 2ww.think i will go crazy  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ,well good luck to both off u hope ur dreams come true. :-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya

This is my first cycle of ICSI aswell, try not to be scared about the injections (easier said than done I know!) What helped me get through them is that I kept saying to myself that I don't mind doing them as it means I could be getting closer to having a baby! 

Wishing you all the best of luck  ^pray^ xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm due to start d/regging for my 1st ICSI cycle on Weds & am absolutely crapping myself about it too!  I think the injections will be quite hard although I'll get through that by telling myself it is making me a baby.. I think the hardest part will definately be the 2WW...

Helenstar - hope you're getting on ok & not obsessing too much.. it must be so hard not to.. just try to relax & keep positive though (you're prob sick of hearing that!).. have got fingers crossed for you

Wilsons - good luck with your tx.. we'll be having everything done around the same time as I start on 11th.. best of luck X

Mx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mary

Thanks for your wishes!! I didn't realise how hard this 2ww would be, but trying to be positive! Can't help obsessing a bit though!!! ???

Good luck with the injections, the way I got through them is just keep telling myself its for a baby and worth it! xx

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
hi ladies,
  thanks for ur replys well had my first jab yesterday and it wasnt as bad as i thought,my dh is doing the jabs,but today it hert  :( :( ,im not having any real side affects so hoping that stays like that,but then i worrie is it working  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ u can drive urself crazy with all this.

helestar,when is ur test day?hope ur not getting ocd nicker checking and anilising every twing,it must be so hard i no im gonna be a nightmare.best off luck to u.how old ru and ur dh?how long was u trying before?so for the questions but u have no history showing. :-* :-*

mary,hello hun ,i cant tell u not to stress about the jabs as i had panic attacks over the weekend thinking about it,but there really not that bad,my dh is doing mine which is good as it keeps him involvedand he is good at doing them.good luck for tommor let us no how u get on,and yes we will be cycling closely together.good luck hun. :-*

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hiya

I test on the 22nd, can't believe how slow the time is going! Going back to work tmrw cause I'm gonna drive myself totally crazy otherwise!!!  ^idiot^  I'm 31, hubbie 34, been trying for nearly five years, did get pregnant naturally once about a 1 1/2 ago, but unfortunately had a miscarriage  :'(.  Husband has very low sperm count so that is why we are having ICSI.  Its our first try.  We've been married for 7 years, our anniversary was yesterday!

Don't get worried that the jabs are not working,  I didn't get any symptoms till I was on them quite a few days.  Your hubbie good doing them, my'n faints when he see's a needle so he was no help!!!

Good luck with them anyway, let me know how you are getting on xxx :-*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts