Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my 3rd failed IVF. It was a great cycle and we transferred to embies(1 8 cell and 1 10 cell+ compacting) on day 3. None of my usual problems(OHSS) and then a big fat negative.

My RE on follw up has said he believes i have got immune issues and has recommended that we use a drug called Intravenous Immune Globulin in my next cycle. I have not had any blood work done to confirm this diagnosis and when i asked him about testing he said it is too complicated and many times experimental so it is best to just go ahead with this treatment.

What do you think???
Thank you in advance for your reply
Jane

·
Registered
856 Posts
Janem33 said:
I recently had my 3rd failed IVF.

Sorry to hear that.

It was a great cycle and we transferred to embies(1 8 cell and 1 10 cell+ compacting) on day 3.

Very good embryology!

None of my usual problems(OHSS) and then a big fat negative.

There are so many other variables

My RE on follw up has said he believes i have got immune issues and has recommended that we use a drug called Intravenous Immune Globulin in my next cycle.

Not a bad idea assuming he has evidence to suggest that there are immune problems, otherwise it's a waste of time if it is a guess.

I have not had any blood work done to confirm this diagnosis and when i asked him about testing he said it is too complicated and many times experimental so it is best to just go ahead with this treatment.

What do you think???

See above. The tests are neither complex nor experimental. You should also consider sperm DNA fragmentation studies and aneuploidy screening of embryos as this would give much more useful information on why the cycles are failing.

Good luck!

Peter

Thank you in advance for your reply
Jane

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your prompt reply Peter.
One more question. If we did decide to go ahead with IVIG without any testing and this is not the cause of my failed IVF's are there any dangers to this treatment or long term health consequences??
Thanks again
Jane
ps DH sperm is apparently one of the best our embryologist has ever seen, i am PCOS and tubal factor but still produce high quality embies.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Janem33 said:
Thank you so much for your prompt reply Peter.

My pleasure!

One more question. If we did decide to go ahead with IVIG without any testing and this is not the cause of my failed IVF's are there any dangers to this treatment or long term health consequences??

No but if it is not needed then there is no point taking it. It's a bit like taking an aspirin when you don't have a headache.

Thanks again
Jane
ps DH sperm is apparently one of the best our embryologist has ever seen, i am PCOS and tubal factor but still produce high quality embies.

This also sounds pretty positive although 'good looking' sperm and embryos does not really give any useful information as to what is going on. I would recommend sperm DNA fragmentation studies and aneuploidy screening of your embryos and also blastocyst culture.

Regards,

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts