Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has someone got the private insurance to pay for the immune system test as an investigation for the treatment?

Thanks,
A.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i haven't but i know our BUPA book says that they will do investigation test but not the actual baby bit ge IVF ect
although our NHS hospital didn't want to refer us for the test privatly as they said they take the same lenght of time etc so we are waiting for results on NHS
good luck  ^pray^ ^reiki^
kate

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Yes, my private health insurance paid for infertility investigations for the first 6 months which included immune blood tests, but would not pay for any treatment, ie., Humira or IVIG.  I don't think they knew exactly what kind of blood tests they were paying for, but as Mr T had recommended them, they paid for them.

This was just before our 2nd cycle of tx (1st at ARGC).  As we were originally referred for ICSI because of male factor probs, I explained to them that I'd never had any infertility investigations, so they agreed to it.

Nikki
x

·
Registered
689 Posts
Our insurers have paid for all tests but not treatment, which so far is £1300  :eek: and we haven't got going yet! Tthe cheque arrived yesterday so we're thrilled!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all reply!
Hollybags - So, did the insurance pay for the immune test as well? Thats great!
I will try to use them (CIGMA) as much as I can. Just paying for the investigation will help a lot. It will be my 3rd cycle.However I didn't use them for the first 2 cycles.

A.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This thread has resulted in me initiating a claim from our ph cover so many many thanks!
The lady said on the phone that we can claim retrospectively for consultation appointment and investogatory diagnostics, including our impending immune tests

Thanks for the other tip Lukey, I'll be sure to avoid offering information that we have already had a couple of cycles.

Fingers crossed for a successful claim as "every little helps"
SSxxx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ooooo this is an interesting little thread, anything to save money!!!  I've got BUPA and have used them for a laparopscopy already.  I've had one failed IVF and a blood test that shows slightly high killer cells.  So my question is, if I was to go to the ARGC is there any way possible I could get BUPA to pay for any of the blood tests??? And what do you say when you phone up BUPA, what do you say you're having the blood tests for????  I'll need to get my story straight before I phone BUPA!!!!  It never occurred to me that BUPA would pay for anything!  Anything to save a bit of cash as I haven't got much.  Thank you.  :) :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
We're with Norwich Union and they know we're having IVF and as I say, will pay for diagnostics/investigations, but not treatments, and have paid in full for all my bloods and H's SA and bloods and scans, in full! Hooray!

However, I DID have to ask - if I'd taken their handbook at face value then I wouldn't have thought they'd have paid, but I thought I'd ring them up for clarification, and they were fine! I'd encourage anyone to make a point of calling the company and speaking to them and saying you're not looking for treatment, you're just trying to find out what's wrong from a gynae perspective!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im with AXA who are useless....and won't even cover gynae stuff if you have IF investigations going on. Having read this, i'm thinking again how poor they are and how i really must cancel it. 

·
Registered
169 Posts
I managed to get BUPA to pay for my hysto at the Wellington (under Mr T).  Just needed to get my GP to agree to refer me (with a rather bland referral letter regarding investigations into my endo etc etc).

I did try to get BUPA to pay for the Chicago tests and initial consult but stupidly asked for them on the back of a misscarriage (I didn't tell them it was an ICSI m/c) - but because it was my first m/c they would not cover ... apparently you have to have three m/c for them to cover any investigations.

I may try again in a few weeks time to see if they will retrospectively cover the immune bloods, consults and monitoring, but I wanted to get the hysto out the way first without any difficult questions.

HTHs

Pipx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ana,

I'm with AXA PPP and they have paid for all my investigations... they paid for hystorectopy (or whatever it is!) HSG and LAP and quite a few of my blood tests.  I did, however tell them I needed it because i have painful periods.... 

1 - 13 of 13 Posts