Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope someone out there can throw some light on this!

I'm due to start downregging in 2 days - CD20 and had my progesterone done today at ARGC to confirm ovulation. I've suspected progesterone issues for a little while, and asked what would happen if my level of progesterone wasn't high enough. The nurse couldn't answer definitively, and sure enough I've just got the result and it's 14!! I had an OPK+ on CD14 so I would have thought my result should have been much higher. 
I just spoke to the clinic now and they said repeat again on Friday.

I also got a top line of my "Chicago" immunes, and I have raised NK cells (CD56) at 14.4%. What does that mean? I have idiopathic urticaria and arthrhitis so it's not a huge surprise but what would that indicate as far as fertility?

Am a bit upset - can anyone direct me to the right info? I'll ask on Friday but I'm silently worrying. Could progesterone and immune issues be related? Anyone care to make a guess at what's going on?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hollybags,

I am sorry, this is all very complicated and I have no answers. I worry about progestrone as I have bleed on every 2ww even though I have a 2 x BFP out of 3 (one chem pg other ectopic).

My cons said that giving you progestrone sholud sort any progestrone issues (on 100mg of gestone) so he has looked at this no further  ??? So I guess progestrone is something they can deal with  :-\

Anyway been no help but did not want you to think noone was listening  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hope your repeat test goes OK  :-*

Spangle xx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Hollybags,

I've not been able to find a causal link between low progesterone and immune issues. If you find something please post it here.

I had low progesterone in all my 2ww's until I added Gestone injections to the regime. Could you get Gestone from your clinic?

Hope that you are doing OK!

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
547 Posts
As far as I am aware there can be a link between low progesterone and immune issues.

If you have elevated CD19+5B cells on the immune essay it can apparently be an indication that you are making antibodies to hormones including progesterone. If this is the case, or there are concerns about your progesterone levels being too low, then you doc may look at presribing additional progesterone supplements, or gestone. Your doc may also look at prescirbing other immune drugs depending on your results.

Good luck

Bx

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies, ladies! Sorry it's taken me so long to come back and thank you, but we went on hols for a few days. That's very interesting about the CD19+5+, but my result was anomalous in so far as it was too low - lower than the normal perameters. I'm in the clinic again on Tuesday for my baseline scan and to discuss my results further, so I'll ask more questions. When I spoke to them briefly, they said that my NK cells (CD56) were high but not so high as to warrant IVIG they think, and that they don't want to supress them too much so steroids might be a better plan. They said they don't make the decision until egg collection anyway.

Thanks again, you're all so helpful and kind!
HB x x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts