Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Some of the lovely ladies on another thread suggested it may be worth me having immune testing done. I had 2 chemical pregnancies in short succession 3 years ago but then nothing since then, despite 2 IUI's and 2 IVF's. I had some very basic testing done after the m/c's, and it looks like I have slightly raised anticardiolipin antibodies. My IVF clinic (Herts and Essex) also did an NK cell test, which came up slightly higher than normal. I was prescribed clexane and prednisolone for both my IVF's, but from what I've read, these treatments may not go far enough - what do you think? I've also read that Dr Gorgy does immune testing - but as I'm with another clinic (and have funding for my next cycle there, therefore can't move), could I still ask for testing?

Sorry for all these questions, hope you can help.

Nix

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
its always very difficult to decide whether to do immune testing because you don't know if you just keep trying whether you will get pg... but if you then decide to do immune testing later and find a problem which can be fixed and then get pg, you wish you had done the immune testing sooner, but that is the benefit of hindsight!

there is an faq which has quite a lot of info - if you look under A for appointments, it explains that lots of ladies see Dr G for immunes testing whilst doing their IVF abroad/with another clinic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Agate. Appreciate your advice. I think after 2 IVF failures, I've got nothing to lose by having level 2 tests done - at least that way I'll know I tried everything. Thanks for the FAQ - very thorough and extremely helpful.

Nix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.