Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I live in Brussels and have just finished a cycle at ULB Erasme, which was unsuccessful. I've previously had treatment at the ARGC, with steriods and IVIG (a sort of blood transfusion) because of immune problems. Not many clinics treat immune problems yet, unfortunately, and many of them don't believe that immune issues play a part in infertility. My question is, does anyone know of a clinic in the Brussels area, or within travelling distance, where the do threat immune problems?

Thanks a lot  :)
Camilla

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hi

I was just going to sk the same question myself... I live in Netherlands, because of PESA am tied to our current clinic and have autoimmune condition.... I've had some classic immune rections and want to investigate the possibility of some immune testing/treatment on the side, Belgium seemed a good prospect. 

If you have found any information about immune testing/treatment in Belgium I'd appreciate it.
thanks
Dippy x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
I'm Belgian and I live near Brussels.
I went to London to do all immune test, and now I do the treatement here, with my FIV ( 4th day of stim today...)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Thanks Bibie, I'm going to check out that Dr Gorgy, I appreciate your feedback.

Wishing you aall the best with your treatment  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^. D x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you...
Finally I've done a IUI on sunday, because of my poor response to stim...  :'(
I had only 4 eggs...
I did yesterday a second LIT because I don't have already the antibodies with the first, I hope it wasn't too late...
Give news!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hi Bibi

I'm finally getting my finger out on the immune front, went to Dr Gorgy for tests on 4th January... currently investigating options for treatment here on mainland Europe.  TBH too conservative in Netherland so curious your experiences of LIT in Belgium.

I'm shocked at the prices of immune tx in London plus trips to Greece for LIT but doing the Dr G route means I can relax knowing I'm getting the right treatment.

I'm curious??? did you get IVIG and LIT in Belgium or did you end up travelling to London?

D x

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi,
i live in Turkey, and  and have done my intralipids done at home. It is very cheap here and can be found without prescription.. (LIt means intralipid transfusion isn't it?)
my main problem there is no lab here i can get tests LAD and HLA DQ and natural killing activation assay. I have to go all way blind. Is there a place lab or hospital name you can give in Belgium or Amsterdam? i can only understand English so i cannot search on-line. London is my last choice but even a address London will help me.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hi

LIT = Lymphocyte Immune Therapy, not intra lipids.

If you go to the immune thread, someone has posted a wonderful guide to immune testing and where to go, it is UK focused as this is a UK website but there is loads and loads of info there.  Greece might be a good option for you... check the SERUM site too, Peny might be a good first stop for a second opinion.

best wishes
Dippy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts