Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering what immune testing at ARGC involves?  Is it blood tests?  Does it need to be done at a certain time in your cycle?  How long does the process take?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Bubblicious
I had my immunes tested end of last month and the results were in within the week.  I turned up bright and early at 7.30am.  They took about 10 viles of blood, all quite quickly though, over and done in 5 mins.  Make sure you have eaten beforehand and I'd suggest a good amount of fluid too (orange juice or something would be good so that your veins are pumped LOL).

I did my test mid cycle on my monitoring month but i don't think it makes any difference when you do them cycle wise.

I get the impression that not many people get away with perfect results, so be prepared for them to suggest something for any of the readings that might be high, with some of the meds for this it might involve a delay in starting treatment too which i've just found out for me could be 7 weeks.  :mad:  Waiting for a call for them to explain it all to me properly.  Preparing for the cost too.... ughhhhh.

When we first had an initial consultation at ARGC, myself and DH were planning to not have the immunes tested and then i suddenly decided i should. 

Hope this helps.  ;)

xx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Bubbles

I'm just going through my second round of IVF. As Keep the Faith said, whenever you start treatment at the ARGC they will ask you to take the full test which costs about £700.  Later on in your cycle they will ask you to do a "mini immunes" during stimms which costs about £300 and they take about 5 vials of blood.

Depending on the results, you may have to have intrallipid or IVIG treatment - there is a thread at the top of the ARGC board all about this. Look there for more info.

I needed intrallipid treatment which meant that I had to have my immunes retested twice after embryo transfer and I will have to have them done again once I get to 12 weeks.  All in all, this cycle I have had the mini immunes done 3 times and intrallipid infusions twice.

The cost does mount up, so do factor it in to your calculations. Of course you could be lucky and your immunes tests may be completely clear.  :) ^reiki^

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi again
Just a quick note - my immune tests were £805 at ARGC.
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts