Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeanette

Freddy hasn't had his first set of jabs yet at 12wks as he has had a cold each time the appt has come up. Felix keeps bringing them home from school. Next one is due monday, Freddy is snotty and feeding loads but not sleeping as long. He is generally happy though.

Question is should I have it done monday or wait again? I know they say colds are OK but I feel they shoudl be fighting fit to receive them. I will ask my HV tomorrow at clinic but wanted your view please. I know I am going to be a mess waiting for the temp to come whenever I have to, so part of me is delaying I think. Is there any harm in delaying a few weeks?

I am completely pro-jabs so this is not an issue BTW.

Jane

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Jane

Just seen your post so you have probably already been to clinic!

We normally advise to stay clear of vaccines if a baby has a cold. As he is now 12 weeks and hasnt yet had his jabs due to colds (very common this time of year) I would get your GP to check him over, listen to his chest ect.

If he hasnt got a temperature, is feeding as normal and is his usual self, they may recommend to give the vaccines. But you need to be 100% happy for the jabs to be given at this time.

Dont forget you will also be able to give calpol regularly and use karvol.

Come back to me Jane if you want to chat about this furthur.

Love

Jeanette xxxxx

ps how are you?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeanette

Don't worry Jeanette i haven't checked replies till today as a busy 5th birthday weekend!

I got Freddy checked over this am by the GP who said it was fine to give jabs with colds just not temperatures. His chest, throat, ears are all OK. Freddy has had cold after cold for 5 weeks and I am worried to delay the jabs any further. So I am keeping his appt at 1.55 today and will just brave teh next two days . All the jabs booklets says colds are OK too as long as the baby is feeding and well which he is. MY GP called him a "winter baby".

Jane

p.s. I am OK thanks, seeing the counsellor tomorrow eve so will update you weds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts