Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a clinic in London that looks at immunology.  I've had the Chicago blood tests done in Nottingham by Dr George and had the results back (which are mind-boggling!!!!), but feel that I want to continue down that road with a clinic closer to home.

Any recommendations?????

Cheers,

Hazel

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Hazel,

You have a couple of alternatives that I can think of. Hopefully others will be able to add some more.

The ARGC in Upper Wimpole St, W1, works with Dr Beer. He usually visits there each month from the USA. I think that this approach is the closest to the one used by Dr George.

http://www.argcentre.com/

Dr Beer http://www.repro-med.net/

Dr ******* has his own NK tests and uses steroids as treatment (no IVIG and Humira). He works with the Lister Clinic.

http://www.ivf.org.uk/Services.asp

http://www.miscarriageclinic.co.uk/

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Flopsy,

Thank you for the information on those two clinics.  I am tempted to try the ARGC because as you say Dr Beer does work that's closest to Dr George, but I have heard that the ARGC is in it for the money and send you for unecessary testing but I notice that you are there with them though - do you recommend them highly???  It's such a big decision swapping clinics and I would be grateful for your opinion on them.  If we went for a consultation would I actually get to meet Dr Beer while I'm there or would I be under the care of another consultant??  (sorry if I'm asking loads of questions!!).

Hazel
x

·
Registered
890 Posts
HI Hazel,
just read your post and would like to tell you my experience. I have seen Dr Beer at ARGC and now am a patient at ARGC.
You have to treat the two separately even though they work together.
To see Dr Beer you have to register with him then make an appointment to see him through his people in US ( it is all very simple)
He is at ARGC usually 1 week in every month. After i had my tests with him  + he gave his recommendations i registered with ARGC.
I to had my doubts about them at first, but they have all completely gone now i could not recommend them enough.
My biggest problem in the past was feeling that not enough tests were being done on me. The ARGC have done a lot of tests which no one else bothered with and i think they were all relevent. They do not do unnecessary tests, yes they scan you a lot and do a lot of bloods but that gives them so much info, so they can catch things that go wrong in the early stages and correct them.
Since seeing them i have not seen Dr Beer again because ARGC have it all in hand and i have trust in their ability.
Yes it is expensive but i would rather pay that bit extra and know they have done everything possible to help me.
I really am glad i moved to them, they may not have as good facilities as my old clinic and they are sometimes so busy, but still the attention you get is second to none.
I hope i have helped abit if you need to know anything else just ask.
Good Luck
Love Carmela

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi Hazel,

I was just reading your thread and see that you are thinking of moving clinics and are considering the ARGC.  You do read some conflicting opiniions of the ARGC, but I could not recommend them highly enough.  I had had two failed ICSI at my last clinic and moved to ARGC in Jan of this year.  They ran loads of tests on me and discovered that I had immuological problems. They do not run these tests on everyone, only those that have had recurrent failure, so I would totally disagree that they exploit women by running unncessary tests.  I also know of many women who have had the tests and the results have come back normal and so not treatment protocol is pursued.

There are two ways of working with the ARGC.  You can either see Dr Beer directly and he will recommend tests and a course of treatment or you can just go direct with the ARGC.  I have done it both ways,,,,my first cycle I did not see Dr Beer - although the clinic works closely with him on Immunolgical issues and I did have all the tests and was treated with IVIG and Humira.  After that cycle, which unfortunately was unsuccessful (although we were able to freeze 5 embryos) I decided to have one consultation with Dr Beer and he ran some further tests - I am glad that I did this, since he exlpained all the immunological stuff very well , but once I started another treatment cycle, Dr Beer was happy for me to go back under the full care and advice of the ARGC.  To be honest, I dont think it is entirely necessary to see Dr Beer too since the ARGC work so closely with him  and it is an additional cost, but I just felt happier doing it that way. 

I may be biased with my opinion of both Dr Beer and ARGC since following FET last month I am 6 weeks pregnant today! 

Good luck in whatever you decide.  x Victoria

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear All,

Thank you for replying to my posting.  We have decided to go with Dr Beer and the ARGC after the excellent recommendations you have given.  Especially as he has the same ideas as Dr George with immunology.  I learnt so much from Dr Beer just by reading the conference call transcription, more so than I did when I had my consultation with Dr George, so I think that's the way forward for us.  Plus it will save us travelling for over 6 hours there and back to Nottingham!!!!!

Wishing you all lots of luck with everything - lets hope the new year brings us all what we deserve ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hazel
xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts