Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

We are the stage where we are not sure whether to change clinics from NURTURE to CARE Nottingham as we have undergone 4 failed IVF treatments and are interested in the Immunology treatments offered at CARE.

Has anyone had any experience of undertaking the Level 1 and 2 immunology tests at CARE (Nottingham).

If so what was the outcome of the results?  Did this determine what immune treatment to undergo?

We have been offered aspirin, steroids, Heparin treatment (common treatment for IVF immune problems) without the need to undertake further blood tests at our current clinic, NURTURE (Nottingham).  Has anyone been offered this treatment at NURTURE, if so we would love to hear about your experience.

Many thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi Beakers

I don't have expereince of Nurture but i do of CARE Notts. Sadly we live  a long way away so probly wont cycle there aggain, just too much stress going there so often during stimming. Gerge Ndukwe is the immune guy there, the main one, we saw him and he is very nice, i trusted him and liked him too. But sadly for us it was a negative. i have also seen Gorgy in london, and Mr S in Surrey - so quite abit of immune doctor experience.

CARE seem very good with immunes and i did my level one tests with George, who noticed things my GP had missed. (i'd already done my level 2 in london). I really liked george and the medics who did the et and ec but sadly not so keen on the nurses who did all the scans, and i did have to have ALOT of scans - way too many tactless comments. but that was just my experience. its rather business like in terms of the building and inflexible often with scan times, but George himself is great.George is an intralipids man, and favours them over humira and ivig and LIT.
if the wait is really long ask to go on cancellation list, we did and got seen in 5 weeks rather than 16weeks.
pls feel free to ask anything else.

Best of luck

Sammi  :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.