Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter,

I think I may be clutching at straws now, but i have heard all about Implantation bleeding, but I would like to know, how long it could last for and if it could be slightly heavier if there is a possiblity of more than one follicle implanting.

Also on a similar note, is it still possible to lose a follice still have bleeding, and another possible ok.

thanks for your help

Wendy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Dear Wendy,

Some people bleed slightly at implantation with no adverse effects. The is no relationship as far as I know between the number of embryos implanting and the amount of bleeding. There should be no effect on the embryos unless there is very heavy bleeding.

Hope this helps

Peter

wendy said:
Dear Peter,

I think I may be clutching at straws now, but i have heard all about Implantation bleeding, but I would like to know, how long it could last for and if it could be slightly heavier if there is a possiblity of more than one follicle implanting.

Also on a similar note, is it still possible to lose a follice still have bleeding, and another possible ok.

thanks for your help

Wendy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Only meeeeeeeeee

WOW I love the Xmas :eek:

We are presently on 9dp3dt (Sunday) and our surrogate phoned on Saturday to say she felt cramping on one side and then had pink spotting a couple of hours afterwards.

At first she thought it was over but we have since heard it may be implantation spotting and she has been told to rest. This morning (Sunday) it was brownish/pink so we are keeping everything crossed...

Do you think it may be implantation spotting?

love

Lily x






 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,304 Posts
Hi Lily

Just wanted to say I wish you so much luck. Yor story is soooo special I soooo hope it all works for you.
I dont wish to get your hopes up but Ive read on here so many stories of implantation bleeding especially when its twins so it could be a very good thing ;D
I soooooooo hope so, good luck and keep us informed

Love lou xxx :-*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
O thanks for you post Lou I am very excited now

I wish you every happiness for the future

love

Lily x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Dear Lily,

Unfortunately there is not much real science behind the concept of implantation spotting and it is certainly not an essentail event in a succesful cycle. However, many patients report this phenomenon,some of which go on to become pregnant.

If the spotting becomes heavier I would suggest that your surrogate contacts your clinic for advice.

Regards,

Peter

Lillianna said:
Only meeeeeeeeee

WOW I love the Xmas :eek:

We are presently on 9dp3dt (Sunday) and our surrogate phoned on Saturday to say she felt cramping on one side and then had pink spotting a couple of hours afterwards.

At first she thought it was over but we have since heard it may be implantation spotting and she has been told to rest. This morning (Sunday) it was brownish/pink so we are keeping everything crossed...

Do you think it may be implantation spotting?

love

Lily x
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
425 Posts
Peter

Just a quick query. I had ET yesterday using 2 previously frozen embryos. Both of which were beginning to compact.
What I was wondering is how long after ET does implantation take place? And does it vary depending on the stage the embryos were when they were put in or is it fairly standard?
Thank you for your help
Kerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

KT said:
Peter

Just a quick query. I had ET yesterday using 2 previously frozen embryos. Both of which were beginning to compact.
What I was wondering is how long after ET does implantation take place?

Implantation happens at day 4/5 where day 2 is the transfer day.

And does it vary depending on the stage the embryos were when they were put in or is it fairly standard?

No the time of implantation is always the same i.e. if you have a blastocyst on day 4/5 then it is ready to implant immediately.

Regards,

Peter

Thank you for your help
Kerry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
425 Posts
Peter
Thank you for your reply.
Just another quick question - sorry!
How long after compacting do embryos reach the blastocyst stage?

Thank you
Kerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Hello Peter & Kerry

Sorry to barge in but I have another question relating, if you have blastocyst transfer, do you still have the test to confirm pregnancy (whether hpt or blood test) on the same date (14 days later) or is it earlier, ie. when it would have been if you had day 2/3 transfer?

Good Luck Kerry!

Vicky

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Dear KT

On average it is compaction day 3-4, implantation day 4-5

Peter

KT said:
Peter
Thank you for your reply.
Just another quick question - sorry!
How long after compacting do embryos reach the blastocyst stage?

Thank you
Kerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Hi

I've read all the really interesting info here about implantation and I wondered if you could tell me more about implantation failure - if the uterus lining is over 10mm and assuming that you don't need assisted hatching what other factors could cause implantation failure please? and are there ant tests that can be done for this?

Also, what day are embryos normally frozen please - is it on the day of transfer?

On my last cycle they took one egg to blastocyst stage which was fragmented so they decided not to freeze it but they did say that it was a good indication that it had reached blastocyst, thou' I'm not sure why?

Big thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

tinat said:
Hi

I've read all the really interesting info here about implantation and I wondered if you could tell me more about implantation failure - if the uterus lining is over 10mm and assuming that you don't need assisted hatching what other factors could cause implantation failure please?

This is a grey area in reproductive physiology which needs much more research. One obvious problem would be a low progesterone but all infertility patients have luteal support so this does not reallyapply in this context.

and are there ant tests that can be done for this?

No

Also, what day are embryos normally frozen please - is it on the day of transfer?

Most clinics freeze on day 2-3 i.e transfer day. If any blastocysts are frozen this would happen on day 4-5.

On my last cycle they took one egg to blastocyst stage which was fragmented so they decided not to freeze it but they did say that it was a good indication that it had reached blastocyst, thou' I'm not sure why?

If an embryo reaches blastocyst in the lab then chances are it will easily reach blastocyst in the uterus i.e. these are good embryos.

Regards,

Peter

Big thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

paula said:
Hello Peter,

Many thanks for answering my stupid questions - it really helps.

Well today's question is - when they do the ET, how long does it take for the embies to implant?

Implantation happens around day 4-5.

Regards,

Peter
Yes, I know it is probably another stupid one, but I have too much time on my hands at the moment so I am thinking of really stupid things.

Sorry

Paula.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hi Peter,

I recently had a Hysterosalpingogram and it showed that my tubes are blocked, which isn't a problem as I will be using Donor Eggs for IVF. It also showed that I have lots of fibroids distorting the uterus :'( Do you think this will affect implantation? ???

Tabbie xx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,865 Posts
Dear Peter,
you replied to a query I had back in February when I was just about to start my first IVF cycle.
It seems so little time has passed , but here I am having already failed. :'(
I down-regged bang on time and then stimmed well, although I was disappointed that I only had 8 follicles. Inside these, I got 7 mature eggs and, of those, 4 fertilised (using ICSI as my dh has 10mill count and low morphology). Of the 4 embros, 2 were Grade 1 and 2 Grade 2 (one of the Grade 2 had a little fragmentation). The consultant wanted to put pack the 2 Grade 1s and freeze the other 2 as, they said, they felt I had a better chance than average of it working.
On 9dpt (if Day 1 is the day after ET), I started to have a pale brown discharge, which became mud-coloured the next day and my bust tenderness just stopped deaad. Today when I lost what looked like the embryo (it was like a coffee-bean with a little stalk coming out the middle) and the discharge is a bit more red.
The hospital did my pg test today instead of Wednesday and it was, of course, negative.
I had a miscarriage last Easter (this time of year is turning out to be not so good for me :() at 5 weeks after fertilisation.
My obvious query is that I think I must have a problem keeping hold of a baby. Maybe conceiving has not really been the problem so much as implantation.
Would you agree? Is there anything (no matter how unproven) that I can do to help implantation?
Over the last week, I got a mosquitto bite (to which I always react very badly) and I used some antibiotic cream (Fucildin) - could this have caused the problem or the "poison" in my blood?
Is there much research being done into implantation as this seems such a crucial stage but maybe not as well researched?
I have my review consultation booked and the consultant is apparently a bit of an implantation boffin.
Thank you so much for listening and (hopefully ;)) replying.
J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Hi Josie
I noticed Peter hadnt replied to this message yet but thought that I would offer you some advice from my experience.
I, like you seem to have problem with the implantation stage, all other stges seem to go ok but then the embies just dont implant, now on our 4th attempt awaiting et on thurs/fri this week.
After our 3rd attempt we sat down and discussed the implantation concerns that we had and we are having blastocyst transfers in future as there is a much higher implantation rate with this but if our embies dont get to that stage prior to et we are going for assisted hatching which they seem to recommend for patients with 3 or more failed attempts or fet or embies with unusally thick outer shell.
Our last attempt was with 1 frozen blast but again unsuccesful but I think trying these different methods can only help.
I wish you loads of luck
H x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,865 Posts
Thanks for letting me know your experiences, H.
We have decided to do "fresh" next time (though we have 2 Grade 1s frozen - I want to make embryos while I'm as young as poss). I have just been reading about assisted hatching and blastocyst and, depending on what Peter says, am going to suggest we go for one or both of these options now. I really would rather not notch up a further failure before we try something else.
Thanks again,
Jx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Dear Tabbie,

Yes, you need to get these removed prior to any infertility treatment.

Regards,

Peter

TABBIE said:
Hi Peter,

I recently had a Hysterosalpingogram and it showed that my tubes are blocked, which isn't a problem as I will be using Donor Eggs for IVF. It also showed that I have lots of fibroids distorting the uterus :'( Do you think this will affect implantation? ???

Tabbie xx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hi Peter,

Thankyou for replying - the hospital that did the hysterosalpingogram told me that the fibroids wouldn't get in the way and that if they were to remove them there would be a chance that I would have to have a hysterectomy. We have our first Consultation on 6th May at Care in Notts...I don't know what to do now?!!

Tabbie xx
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top