Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I had e/c on Monday and e/t yesterday.
I was just wondering when my embryo's will implant and if there is anything i can do (ie eat or drink a specific something) to help them?
Many thanx
Love
Kia.x

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Kia, im sorry that I cant advise you as im not at the ivf stage just yet, but i did want to send you lots of hugs and luck for your test day. Best wishes Charley :) ^reiki^ :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kia - I was told that implantation would be around day 4-5 after ET. I wasn'rt told to eat or do anything specific to help them. I am still trying to drink 2 litres of water a day. Sorry can't help you any more than that

Hugs
Chris

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Kia
I've been told various timings for implant - anything from 4-5 days to 7-9 days post ET (where ET counts as day 1)  My embies did start to implant last time and I felt it at around day 9.  You won't always feel it though, not everyone does.  Best thing  is probably not to fixate about when it might happen just do some simple things to keep you feeling confident through the whole of your 2ww.

These are not 'must do things' but some people think they help
Keep your tummy warm
Rest plenty
Eat selenium rich foods - brazil nuts, sesame seeds, herring, and some say pineapple helps
Eat plenty of protein,
Keep up your zinc intake -
and essential fatty acids - which are found in sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or you can buy an omega 3,6 and 9 oil to take instead
Have a nice calming massage but don't use essential oils
If you're off work don't feel guilty about staying in bed and watching all the daytime tv you can handle!  ;D

Don't do anything strenuous, not even housework - yeah, really!  ;D

Best of luck

Claire x

·
Registered
87 Posts
:)
Hi Claire,
how did u feel your embies implanting last time? Did you have a slight pain or bleed?
Just wondered as I start ICSI in Dec
thanks
alimar x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Alimar
Basically I woke up something similar to AF pains - which at first sent me into a blind panic, then I realised that I wasn't getting AF and it carried on for a couple of days.  I didn't bleed, but some people do with implantation.  I can only describe it as a slight 'tugging' feeling with mild stabbing/shooting pains and some AF type cramps.  But not everyone feels anything happening.  At the time I couldn't be sure until I got a biochemical pg which meant something had definitely started to happen there - it just didn't finish the job!  :'(
To be honest it could have been anything but given the timing I was pretty sure it was implantation I could feel.

Good luck with your icsi

Claire x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts