Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have read anything by Laurie Morse at myfertilitysuccess.com

Well, some months back I bought a pack from her website called My fertlility Success Platinum including an e book and 2 cds for meditation and visualisation. Well, basically what it says is that being positive is soooo important. She talks about finding out if your "fertility switch" is on or off. To summarise, she says that all our thoughts are energy, like air waves which we put out into the universe. The universe then goes about getting for us what we put out and making it real. Therefore if most of our thoughts are negative, like "this is never going to work...I'm never gpoing to fall pg bla bla bla, that's precisely what we'll get. According to her "turning on" your fertility switch is vital to becoming pg and until you do, you won't fall pg. How do you turn your switch on?, well, by changing our neg thoughts to positive ones and vilualising what we want trather than what we fear.. .(easier said than done, I know)

Well, where am I going with all this? What I want to know is to what extent do you believe this? Is positive thinking so important? I know with my last cycle I tried to be as positive as possible but there were moments when I just couldn't help worrying about another BFN........first because I've  had so many of them in the past and second because maybe you can avoid some of the disappointment of another neg if you try to keep your feet on the ground.

What do you think ladies?

Hiugs
Rosie

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Rosie,

No, I haven't read anything by Laurie Morse but I'll go and have a nosey now... thanks for that.

My own personal take on positive thinking well; it can't do any harm can it, but I am a firm believer in fate, and if things are going to happen then they will, and there is nothing that no one can do to change things.  For example, last month I should have had egg transfer using donated eggs, I was a "Positive Polly" all the way through my treatment, I didn't have any negative feelings whatsoever then bump, everything went wrong, our poor donor didn't respond well to the medication and my treatment had to be abandoned - not a nice experience. However, we now have a new donor lined up and it's all turned in our favour, as she is a much better match than the last one.  I am not saying for one minute anyone should be negative and, I do always try to look on the bright side myself, but some days I don't feel as confident as I do on others.  In a nutshell,... I think it's great to be positive but I don't think it can effect the outcome!

Best Wishes,

Birchie xx

·
Registered
738 Posts
Rosie I'm so sorry that you have had a BFN this time.  Good luck going back for your frosties - we are about to go back for our 2 frosties next month.  DE doesn't always work the first time but don't give up will you!

About your question - I haven't read the book and I generally like creative visualisation and positive affirmation work but - well I don't want to put too much pressure on me to be positive all the way.  I have talked to lots of women here who got a BFP on the time they were most negative and got a BFN when they were sooooo positive.  If the power of whether we get pregnant or not is based on our outlook then the problems of infertility could have been solved a long time ago.  I agree that it feels nicer if we feel optimistic but it's not always possible.  I find it really sad when us women blame ourselves for why things didn't work out.  And I don't really think I can switch on my fertility by thinking positively.  I think it's a good idea to have all the tests done that the doctors recommend but after that we're still dealing with nature and it's the way it works - sending out loads of eggs and seeds and each month - maybe they'll make it maybe they won't.  Even a 16 year old girl wouldn't necessarily get pregnant the first month.  Nature doesn't seem to work in a dead certainty sort of way - that why it sends out so many.  I think most clinics expect you to be successful within 3 fresh cycles with DE don't they? 

I think it's good to take care of yourself and don't have any extra stress if you can avoid it but as for having to think positively - well I just think it's sometimes papering over what you really feel.  I'd rather just be more open with myself - if I'm buoyant then I'm buoyant and if I'm nervous then I'm nervous.  Otherwise there is a danger of denying my true thoughts and feelings while 'trying' to be positive.  And it's easier to ask for help if I admit to myself what's really going on.

I'd rather be someone who feels things deeply whether I'm happy, sad, angry or elated.  I wouldn't want to deny any part of how I feel even if it's difficult sometimes.  Surely that's best for our babies too?  We need to teach them how they are feeling - show them they are feeling happy or frustrated.  It would be hard to be brought into a world where you are only allowed to feel positive and everything else has to be pushed under the carpet.

But I haven't read your book so maybe I have the wrong end of the stick? 

My main idea is just to look after you and be kind to you.  It's a tough road this and we need to pat ourselves on the back don't we?  I think we can often be too hard on ourselves thinking we have done something to cause all this loss and failure.  But I don't believe it is our fault at all - just rotten luck up until now.

Good luck with your journey Rosie

Love Jaydi x

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Birchie and Jaydi for your thoughts. Both of you put my mind at rest. I mean it's so hard isn't it to remain positive all the time and then when we aren't it's just another thing we can beat ourselves up about not doing right. I hate the thought of a cycle not working just because I had my down moments. It''s  nice to hear from someone that I have the right to be down or have my doubts,worries and fears. I think I'm a positive person most of the time but well,....you know what I mean.

Thanks again ladies.

Rosie XX

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hey Rosie,

Just seen you are in Spain - me too! There doesnt seem to be an expat in spain thread does there?

How are you doing? are u having tx soon?

L
xx
^fairydust^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts