Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
does anybody know of anything that might improve fertilisation rates. Last tx I had 8 eggs & 2 fertilised. The problem is with my eggs as i have high fsh - 10.4 & dh has good swimmers. i'm taking TCM and acu and vits. 
Any tips
Caseyx

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know about fertilization but wheat grass juice is supposed to reduce fsh, which can improve eggs. You may be able to find the liquid or frozen juice in a health food store.  The liquid stuff makes me gag, but is supposed to work best.  You may also be able to find capsules, which I take.

Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Casey

I had similar to you though my FSH is OK.  I had 10 eggs and only one fertilised. DP's swimmers were all fine and hanging on around the eggs, just not getting in.  I now do ICSI to help get the little darlings into my eggs.

I got a better result on my second time, with fewer eggs, although I expect the fertilisation rate was down to the ICSI, i think I got better quality as I did get implantation that time.  On my first cycle I didn't get further than a week into the 2ww. 

I did acu too for 2nd cycle and am doing it still.  I always ate healthily but I went almost entirely organic, gave up alcohol and caffeine completely.

My acupuncturist wants to give me herbs but I've been resisting. He says that you can't nourish your eggs with acupuncture, it only improves what you've got but it's herbs that give you that something extra!  I may be sold on it if my next tx doesn't work!

good luck,
Claire

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for replying broken wing - ive bought some wheatgrass drink
Claire i'm also trying ICSI in March 05, and i've been taking chinese herbs - it has had pos effect upon AF so fingers crossed -Casey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts