Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

You'll have to bear with me as I'm sure I'll be asking lots of stupid questions on here now I've discovered this particular board   ::).
First off.. is it normal for babies to be visibly in pain and struggling when doing a poo?  Benjy really strains and cries as if it's a real struggle.  He's 4 weeks old.  Plus his poo is usually mustard coloured but he also has greenish tinged ones.. is this normal?  Am breastfeeding.

Thanks,
petlamb x

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Petlamb

Yep its normal  :). Isabelle used to make some great faces when going. I've been exclusively bf, till we started solids. Poo tends to be mustard coloured with the odd greenish one thrown in! They tend to go more green if bubbs is getting too much foremilk. This can be helped by feeding for longer or going back to the same breast in the same hour or so.

You'll also find later on that your bubbs doesn't poo for a while, quite common for bf babies. Its rare for a bf baby to be constipated, its just that bm can be really efficiently absorbed.

hope that helps

love

Camilla

PS Still bf hope to make it to a year

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh dear!
Daisy makes terrible noises when pooing and her poo is soft, no signs of constipation. When they go on solids the poo is sometimes multi-coloured. You will swear she is straining but its normal in babies.
Danni

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.  We're really struggling to know what's normal and what isn't at the mo.. at least this is one we can strike off the list now!

Thanks again xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.