Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was just wondering whether its normal to still be getting the hot flushes  :-[ even although I am not on any meds just now.  I am now waiting on  ^witch^  to arrive (which probably will take ages when you actually want it!!  :mad: ) so I can get started again after a failed ICSI last month.  Just a bit concerned if I am having the flushes my hormones may be off the norm and it may not come at all.  Has anyone else still been getting the flushes?

Thanks

Tracy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Tracy

I am glad you asked this question!!
i am currently waiting for af to arrive to be able to start again with ICSI and for the last week i have been having hot flushes throughout the day and also having night sweats.  Thought I was losing the plot but now I know im not alone, would love to know whats going on?!

Just to let you know, my period is 2 weeks late, went to the clinic yesterday and they gave me a drug called northistorone. you take it for 5 days and then you will bleed so you can start again with treatment.
I am having EC 26th september so needed af to come this week.

Good luck with your treatment
Love Leanne xx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leanne

Glad it's not just me, if its not one thing it's another! AF due this week so not really late yet but thanks to you I now know I can contact the Hospital if it doesnt come and there is something they can do.  Thank you for replying and good luck with your next treatment. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tracyxx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Girls,

I am the same as both of you, my 1st attempt ended in May and i am still getting the hot flushes, the sweats of a night have calmed down but throughout the day is a nightmare, sitting here now with one!!

I also took the northistorone after as i was bleeding for 13 days, that stopped and got me back on track for a normal period but i am now 5 days late with this one and just waiting for the clinic to call me back as to what is going on.

Good luck with your treatment.

Kelly xx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's amazing what a relief it is to hear that your symtoms are common, dont know what I'd be like if I didnt have this site to check up on.

AF started this morning so go on Friday for blood test and start downreg on 23rd Sept

I wish you both lots of luck and hope all goes well, maybe we will be starting treatment about the same time!

Take care

Tracyxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.