·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy chatting ^fairydust^

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello - is it OK if I join you? We've just had to abandon our first ICSI cycle after follicles failed to develop (all except the one that would probably have anyway without the lorry load of drugs...). Does anyone out there have any experience of this happening? I was taking synerel nasal spray and menopur, and apparently its the menopur which I didn't respond to. After next cycle of monitoring the 'normal' me, the clinic are going to try ICSI again with a different drug and higher dose. Its all been a bit tough - we thought we were dealing with a pretty serious male problem and that it all might fall apart at the fertilisation stage. Naively it never occured to us we wouldn't get that far.... now I wonder if it is really just not meant to be  :(

Jan

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi Janny

Of course you can join us girls.

So sorry to here about your abandoned cycle ^hugme^ I know from personal experience how devasting it feels.

I have the opposite problem to you in that I react too well to the drugs and produce too many follicles which is also bad.  The good thing is that your hospital know what went wrong with this cycle so you have a better chance of getting it right next time.

Don't give up hope  ^reiki^ look on this one as your practice run.  You will find the whole thing so much less stressful next time because you will know what to expect as far as side effects and monitoring goes and being more relaxed has got to be better.

^goodluck^ with your next treatment

Love
Bear
xxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
hi Janny
sorry about my reply message , I wrote a short reply and pressed to send and the page disapeared!
Anyways like bear says, think of this as a practice run and the clinic know why it failed, sometimes they dont!
^goodluck^ for your next Tx.

ME  :) News at last BF has  ^witch^ and is going for her blood tests this week so I guess we will finaly get going, results will take 6 weeks but we are to ring the clinic after 3 weeks ??? I am aprehensive and nervous all over again, I think prehaps I should join the donor thread shortly get some preperation and my head together.

I have been really tired this last week or two, work has been stressfull and hard going, we are currently experiencing low moral and high patient/managment demands. I would love to quit but am holding out for a maternity package, yesterday was a particualy bad day spent the morning in a very low and depressed state, fighting back tears that insisted in spilling down my cheeks with a voice threatening to break into noisy sobs if some one pushed the right button  :( in fact I was ready to walk. I did pull myself together after lunch, I think it was a combination of things but mostly I was tired and I am due on today (Ha ha)
so thats me hope everyone else is ok and staying  ^reiki^
~Dizzi~

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi Dizzi and Bear - thanks for your encouragement. Trouble is I don't feel like anyone really does understand why the treatment failed. WHY didn't I respond to Menopur  ??? - I'm scared it means I won't respond to anything... Surely there must be something lacking in me if all those drugs didn't make a difference. Sorry to go on about it - I know its early days for me and I should be trying to stay positive but instead I seem to be dwelling on the worst.... You have been through so much more than me it seems selfish to be even bothering you with this.

Dizzi I was really pleased to hear that you have a friend good enough to donate eggs - she must have been a great support to you. I'm very lucky to have a friend who has had years of fertility treatment and finally has two beautiful babies. She understands alot of what I am going through, but not the detail... it doesn't help that she produced 23 eggs from one ovary and 12 from the other when she had IVF! Bear I hadn't realized that you could produce too many eggs - can they not reduce the drugs and bring the quantity down? Too simple I guess...

Ho hum - better get on with the day now. Feel like I am wishing the days away 'til AF comes - and then I'll be wishing that cycle away so we can have our next crack at ICSI...

Jan x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.