Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd start a thread for all of us who are inbetween treatments to chat in..
I'm julie and am waiting to have another fet, we are undecided about whether to have natural fet or hrt fet but we wont be doing anything until after our hols so for now i'm classed as an inbetweenie until we make our minds up and decided to go ahead..
Hope to get to meet some of you inbetweenies out there.....
Ju x

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
hi i'm an inbetweenie girl! ^wave^
our DE is waiting on our friend to have her blood tests and then we should be kicking off in the summer hols!

so until then the moneys in the bank i'm just supposed to be getting as healthy as possible!
which is proving to be Impossibe ;D

good thread Ju
Dizzi
XX

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dizzi how are you coping with the everything..i can imagine youre situation being very stressful, its a lot of waiting...

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
hi you know i'm really good! just cant knuckle down to the healthy eating stuff!
i feel ok in myself but physcaly i know i'm tired and could easily get tearfull, but mostly i feel posative, i think coming here has been the best move i ever made, it really REALLY has helped me loads,
i just hope the blood tests go ok i am waiting for my friend to have Af then we are GO!

thanks for asking, haow about you what are the pros and cons of your descion?
Dizzi
XX
^reiki^

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm an inbetweenie too!!!
Waiting to start IVF in May/June all depending on whether they have room for us.  Also have our NHS initial consult at the end of April - which will no doubt lead to another round of waiting ;D ;D
I too am having trouble with the healthy eating...chocolate is my biggest downfall.  Mind you since starting Metformin I don't get so many of those inbetween snacky moments.
Fitou

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ello fitou..i get fed up with waiting too.
dizzy if we go ahead with the hrt then if it doesnt work we'll have to wait longer until we start a whole fresh cycle of ivf, it's also more expensive. but they think because of my hormones it may be more likely to work..
We think what we're going to do is do a natural fet and see if we can have bloods taken throughout the cycle to see if the hormone levels are up the spout, this'll then tell us some more for when we do a fresh ivf cycle next time.
Just looking forward to our holiday now, it cant come quick enough..i have started packing my suitcase, but i've got to dig out my summer clothes for the loft. Not long now...
Hope you're enjoying the sun today, it's quite hot here.
Ju x

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
:) :)hello im an inbetweenie girl.i go again in june ,so not long now and also have hols to look forward to.this will be 3rd time for me so im hoping it will be good for us this time.fingers crossed for us all.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
^wave^ ^hello^ I am an inbetweenie girl as well.

Finished Clomid over Christmas and waiting to start out first IVF next month.
Been for all the test and just waiting for my AF to arrive to make the call  :eek:

Wishing you all lots of luck
Love Shaz xxx

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya girls

Ooooh a new thread

We used to have one called chitter chatters which is further down the index which was situated within this part of the thread but was moved to further down the board

Good luck to everyone awaiting tx, i am going for my first ivf appt
can any of u girls give me an insight as to what to expect??

Just so i can prepare myself as much as one can be!!

Look forward to chatting to u girls
Best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi I am also an imbetweenie,

We had a failed cycle back in February and have been refused funding because I'm 22 instead of the recommended 23 so have applied to the my local mp to help me get funding who has been very helpful and the hospital are also going to re-apply for funding.

Need some cheering up at the moment though, feeling a bit down and am a bit scared of having our next treatment cycle.  We will probably leave it until the end of the year now as we were also refused egg sharing because I only produced 5 eggs on last cycle.

Sarah

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Eeyore.

What sort of treatment cycle are you having?

If you are going to Jessops you will have no problems, they are really nice.

Sarah

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi I'm also an inbetweenie!!

We are ttc naturally for a while following a laparotomy last year, but if nothing happens will probably have FET later this year (5 frosties from ICSI).

Good luck everyone!!
Nicolaxx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nicola, hopefully you wont need the fet. 5 frosties, thats good though, thats at least a few try's how old are they?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Ju,

Yeah I hope I don't need them either, but in another weird way I hope I do because I feel that they are part of me (-am I weird or what!!)

I have had them frozen for nearly 18 months, The cons said that it shouldn't matter how long they have been frozen anyway - I hope!! As for how many days they are I'm not sure really as a lot of my ICSI treatment is a bit of a blur, especially from EC to ET. But I remember I had 15 eggs, 11 fertilised and 7 blastocyst. 2 were put back and 5 frozen. I really hope that it doesn't make any difference how long they are frozen for, but I do know someone who has two children from IVF 4 years apart but from the same batch of eggs - strange huh??

I have an appointment with my GP tonight to try and get on the NHS waiting list for another IVF cycle if I dont A. conceive naturally (I have my doubts on this!!) or B. the FET fails. Although I won't be volunteering the fact that I have the frosties to the GP. So fingers crossed.xx I see you are also hoping for FET how many embies have you got, if you don't mind me asking....

Nicolaxx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Freezing doesnt make any difference i dont think.
We have 3 frosties left but have 6 vials of frozen sperm. We are pinning our hopes on the fact that dhs sperm will come back and soon. Our next fet may be our last so we're having our hols and hoping to come back refreshed to start again.
Ju x

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm an inbetweenie too - please can I join in??

I'm soooo desperate to have another go at IVF, but I need to lose weight before I can.  I've already lost half a stone, and need to lose another half stone before I make an appointment to see our consultant.  That should give me enough time to lose my remaining half stone before treatment starts.  Oh I just wish it was easy to lose weight!!!!  ::)

Love,
Bev
xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
hi kittikat!
well done on losing that first half stone, its not easy is it?
Dizzi
XX

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh dear we've slipped to the second page.. where is everyone??

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
HI
i am here!
still an in betweenie, i am feeling OK in myself at the moment
my daily aim is to be more positive about myself! and hubby sil and best friend are all instructed to tell me off if i make a negative statement about myself! which i must turn into a positive!
sound's complicated??
i am really trying, it does help.
hope everyone else is doing OK at the moment.
i know i am doing OK when i admitted a 17 week pg lady today without getting stressed.
bye for now
DIZZI
XX

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can I join you all too?  I am an inbetweenie!! 

Am hoping to start FET most likely July/August as very unfortunately had a missed miscarriage 4 weeks ago at 15 weeks.  It was our first attempt at ICSI having had one previous failed attempt at IVF when we didn't even get any eggs fertilise.

We are currently waiting to get results of chromosome tests carried out on baby to see if any problems there or if they will just say it was just "one of those things" - I don't know what is worse - there being a problem that they might be able to fix or not having a problem so hopefully no problems next time.  There are still so many unanswered questions it just does my head in and I feel a bit of a rambling moan coming on so I will try to stop myself now!!!!  So now waiting for AF before much else which can apparently take anywhere between 4 - 8 or even 9 weeks after an ERPC so hopefully something will happen in next few weeks, most likely just as we are off on holiday at beginning of June!!

Good luck with the waiting - I think it is the worst part!

Take care
Lou
X

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.