Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am nearly 14 weeks pregnant and as I have had a difficult pregnancy history (as so many on here) I am worried about things that could still go wrong at this stage. I had two early miscarriages (week 9), an ERPC, several hysteroscopies and other procedures such as hycosy, tubal surgery, laparoscopies, etc. Could any of this have damaged my cervix? I asked at my recent antenatal appointment but the doctor just said they could have a look during my 20 week scan if I am worried. However, if there really was a problem, wouldn't this be too late? Do you think it would make sense to ask for another scan or have one privately, or am I not at an increased risk?

Many thanks for your help.
All the best,
A.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

It's understandable for you to be worried, I wouldn't think that the procedures you have had would put you at any significant risk, as they haven't actually dilated your cervix, they wouldn't normally put a stitch in or anything until after 20 weeks, so looking then should be ok, however if you feel that it will reassure you to have a scan earlier, yes, you could have a private one,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your quick reply, that's good to know. I think I will wait ..... xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts