Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies, like a lot of you I have been put on thyroxine on for a TSH of 3.26.  Just 25mcg reduced this to 2.52 within 2 weeks.  Three weeks ago I increased to 50cmg.  I went for egg collection to day and was miffed that my TSH had increased to 2.73 and my TF4 19.7. Any thoughts on what is going on?  Do you think it may impact on the outcome of my treatment?  I know they like it between 1-2. I am from today on 75mcg but will this make any difference?  Wish I had known before.  I feel  a bit deflated, but, on the positive side I did get 16 eggs!

Thanks in anticipation
x

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Hi Mrs Bear - testing TSH during a cycle (ie, once you've started stimming) does not give a true picture as the high levels of oestrogen your body produces during stimms affect TSH levels.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/tsh-fluctuating.htm

Point #10

Best thing to do is get it tested approx four weeks pre-cycling and aim for a TSH of 1-2 (close to 1 is best) then you still have a few weeks up your sleeve to adjust the dose and have the revised dose take effect before the critical time.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.