Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
We are looking for indian egg donors. We live in the uk and have had 3 failed Ivf's due to my age. No real reason other than age and the quality of my eggs.
I am 45 years old and my partner is 43.

We would be most grateful if someone was willing to help us.
I am wheatish in complexion 5,2 and a size 10. My partner is Fair skinned slim and 5ft8. We have dark brown eyes and very dark brown hair. My hair is curly and my partners hair is straight.

If you match any of these details and would like to help us.. please kindly get in touch. with us.

Thank you so much...
Inda x

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi
I am also indian and so is my partner. We will need to go down the egg donation route for children due to my partner having primary ovarian failure at a very young age. I am 27 and my partner 23 we are both quite young but in the near future we will be going down the egg donation route.
We have joined local clinics here in UK but the wait is up to 2 and half years. I have researched clinics in spain and in future me and my partner are looking at spanish clinics due to donors skin complexion and characteristics being of dark brown and similar to northern indians. The clinics also have treated indian couples from the UK in a similar situation as us, which is reassuring.
That could be one avenue to look into for yourself?
i hope it all works out for you
take care

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am 42 and of Indian origin with premature ovarian failure as well. As heart breaking as it is, I am glad DE is an option. Create London has recommended a clinic in Spain which we are going for in a few months time. I heard the waiting time for UK donors of Indian origin is long as well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hi gravadlax

what is the clinic that create london has recommended to you?
yes waiting times in england for specific ethnicity are long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hiya,
They are in the process of changing DE clinics from Cyprus to Spain. They did not give us much information other than its in Spain and they prices and options are much better than Cyprus. I guess they will be giving out more details at our meeting soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Guys.
We had 2 natural ivy's at create.. lovely Staff but there was no real evidence why it didn't work other than poor egg quality.. just felt a little " on your own" once the BFP's were confirmed.
I have heard about clinics in spain and also Greece. Perhaps now age is against us.. we are seeing and researching .. this is not something you can rush. IRONICALLY…
x

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hi Inda
Dont know about Indian donors but I am Pakistani and am 22 weeks pregnant now with DE with ICSI - we had out treatment at Serum in Athens - Greece.

Greek people have dark brown hair and eyes and its very hard to find Indian or Pakistani donors to be honest with you so we didn't want to waste time and went for a Greek donor - a decision I'm so so happy with.  we haven't told our families (2 of my sisters know and no one from his family knows as i know they will judge  - his family more than mine) but i am so over protective of this little one already!!

Good luck with whatever u decide xxx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Inaaya-High Wycombe.
your post really made me n my other half smile!
congratulations and we are soo glad for you.
Your right there is a huge shortage of donor eggs in the asian communities.

just a couple questions i had was serum in athens greece.. what made you go there? how did you find the staff there?
Also what information did they give about the donor to you?

any info would be fab
thank you

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
morning

What made me go to Serum - I read up on Agates guide on the Greece section and liked what I read about the way Penny treats every case as individuals.  We had a telephone consultation with Penny and she was wonderful, understanding but didn't mince her words when she said to conceive with my own eggs i had about 2% chance.  Still she said when we went over there she would check my AFC and we could go from there.  We had our telephone consultation with Penny on the 26th September (she prescribed me and my husband antibiotics him 40 days me 25 days), went out for consultation on 13th November where she did an aqua scan on me - I had no eggs at all my AMH is 0.8 which is undetectable.  Hubby gave his sperm sample which Penny froze. 

She asked us our characteristics for donor and said she had someone already lined up for us.  She tells u donors age, nationality, personlaity, height, build, eye and hair colour.  Not sure if she would tell you any other info but we were happy with this info.

Anyway i started my protocol (tablets/injections etc) on 13th November and we flew back to UK on 17th November.  Penny emailed to say donor would have her EC on 20th November and for me to be out in Athens for 25th November for my ET.  We had 3 blasts put back and I got a positive on pregnancy test on 6th December!!

feel free to email me if you want to (more than happy to help that way if you want to ask private questions) but I would also suggest going on the Greece section and reading Agates guide its so useful!!

good luck xxx

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Oh and they staff there were fab - so helpful, friendly, and really nice and so welcoming!! 
i had trouble with injections and i went to Serum every day while i was out there and asked the nurse if she would mind jabbing me even though she was busy she never said no!!  here its very much all about cost and theres only so much investigating they are willing to do - for me I would choose to go abroad every time. xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Inaaya
thats wonderful news.. yes we have read about penny and she seems wonderful.. we are still researching the process. we may have found a donor here and in India.. but you are right greek eggs can take on the characteristics of indian or pakistani families.

Really happy for you guys its great. fingers and toes crossed xx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Inda,
Your requirements sound similar to ours. How did you find your potential donor?

We're in a race with time (we're in mid 40s too), and just investigating Indian clinics, as it seems we'd have better luck there. But I find their websites are not up to snuff (multiple websites and emails for one clinic, etc).

My partner would prefer us to do egg donation in UK, as he's not comfortable with total anonymity as it is in India and most other countries. But that seems almost impossible to find a suitable Asian donor here.

Greece and Spain have also been suggested to us, but we feel we dont want to have to tell a child that they're half Greek or Spanish. (But we respect anyone who is comfortable with that). Although the clinics seem amazing.

Have you considered going to India, or will you be staying in the UK?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Alligatorlady

We know a friend of a relative.. but we are still searching.
I agree with you about the websites…. etc etc we are pretty unsure about them also but people have been successful.

We are also fighting the same time race as we are both the same age as you guys …

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Inda
That is great to know that you are in similar position. Also we've learned that premature ovarian failture and early menopause is more common in South Asians.

I wonder why since India is a techology giant, why many of these Indian ivf websites seem a bit dodgy...  And don't necessarily have all the relevant information. But when you email them, they may only answer one or two of your questions.

We're thinking it might be best to take a quick trip to India and pay for some assessment appts, at least just to see what they say, and have a look at their clinic.

Also some of these Indian clinics are saying that for so-called "very educated donors" (well 'donor ladies' as they say) its even more expensive....

I wonder, regarding your potential egg donor, did you send them specific websites to learn more about what it means to be an egg donor? We may eventually need to do this, so might help to know what info others put out.

Research is such a daunting task!... :-[

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi All,
Sorry to post on this thread. I hope you will all understand. I can see most are looking for donor eggs which I do understand. We have some spare embryos left from our treatment that we are looking to donate. We are of Indian origin and if you are interested, please feel free to pm me. Thank you xxxx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Aligator lady
You are right.. it all seems dodgy.. one clinic even sent me photos of the ladies who donate and it all looked very dodgy.. I am not saying that they are but the presentation of it all is a little weak.

We asked a relative who knew of a donor in india. The only issue we are having is age..because perhaps i maybe too old now to cope with a child I am mid forties.
We had three ivc failed cycles here but two were natural.. no real issue other than poor quality of eggs due to age.

if you would like to talk more you can always PM me… it's nice to talk to others in the same boat.

x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello all,
I had a success with my 1st de ivf in india. Sadly my little boy was stillborn at 33weeks. You do get photos of your donor, but I thougt that was good. However im now on my 5th cycle and decided to go penny at serum as the one cycle fits all isnt working for me in india. Penny is absolutely lovely, even tho I wasnt cycling with her she still gave me lots of advice. Im hoping that penny can work her magic on us next month. X

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Inda. Its good to know you had similar reactions.

For us, we want to feel a genetic connection to the child, as we feel it would be difficult to explain to a child that they are actually half Spanish/Greek etc (although we respect anyone who does go to these countries).

Ideally we'd love to find an Asian donor here, but I'm told they're not common. Dr Geetha Venkat's Harley Street Fertility Clinic talks candidly about this, and has a very sweet appeal for egg donors, but don't know if she's met with any success:
http://www.asianexpress.co.uk/2014/02/egg-donor-shortage/
http://hsfc.org.uk/egg-donors/

In some Indian clinics, it's very sweet that the Drs themselves might answer. But then you wonder, dont they have staff who do this? Its so hard to judge without going there. But its expensive to go there. And with monsoon season starting soon, its not a great time. But we're in our 40s too, so time is getting on.

It's very brave of you to ask a relative to find someone. We haven't told our parents we're investigating egg donation (they know we stopped fertility treatment though). We wonder if word about our business would spread....

I wish there were more Asians on this board looking at egg donation...

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that
fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hello,

I went to CRM in London, now part of Care, and was matched with a Bangladeshi woman's eggs on an egg share basis. I am half-Bengali and half-English. I now have a 2-year-old child.

Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We are still waiting for a call from Create for an ED consultation about their new clinic in Spain. Wish there was some way to obtain Indian ED locally. sigh!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts