Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm half-way through stimming and getting rotten indigestion after every meal.  Assuming this continues into the 2ww as well what indigestion remedies can I take? (Normally I go for a swig of brandy!)
Thanks
Lizi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear Lizi

I am not a nurse but I will let you know what works for me, I agree a good swig of brandy is excellent but I also find a banana is a good subsistute. I also take magnesium, calcium and zinc tablets and these can help nutrilize stomach acid. I hope everything goes well for you.

Good luck

Chucky egg ^goodluck^ ^sunny^ ^afro^

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Chucky Egg but in my opinion banana is the spawn of the devil and anyone who even peals one near me risks being covered in vomit!  I'll try the magnesium, calcium and zinc though.
(Did I mention I don't like bananas?)
Thanks
Lizi

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Lizibee,
I know, a whisky or even a shot of vodka works for me usually too!
you could try drinking fennel or ginger tea.  Both are renowned for calming an upset tum.
(normally I'd drink peppermint tea after a meal but I've read that you shouldn't use peppermint if there's any chance you're pregnant).

Eating a couple of chunks of crystallised ginger works a treat for me - if you can stand it!

Also a couple of spoons of live yoghurt often helps - I eat it in the morning to avoid a bad tum later on in the day but I have eaten it at the time I'm feeling yucky too and it does seem to help.

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with EC and 2ww.
Claire x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hiya

I've always had bits of indigestion on and off, and suffered massively from it whilst pg, so have found a few things that give relief - not all taste that pleasant, but they do work for a bit. 

1.  Milk or yoghurt
2.  Gaviscon or any calcum carbonate tablet, like settlers fruit tums (all these things are safe to take whilst pg too, so useful for the 2ww)
3.  Caraway seeds - sprinkle them on veg, put in casseroles, etc.
4.  If you suffer at night, raise the head of your bed on bricks/books.  Or sleep in a semi-upright position.
5.  Avoiding fatty foods.
6.  Not eating directly before going to bed.

Personally I just tend to use sugar free Rennie tablets whenever I have a problem, and used these through pregnancy too.  Can't stand Gaviscon!

Never tried the shot of alcohol as a remedy as I usually find alcohol gives me heartburn!  :-\  Think (but not sure) pineapple is a remedy too, but again that usually gives me heartburn, so don't personally see it as a remedy. 

Good luck!  ^fairydust^

Jayne x

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi Lizibee I always find peppermint tea helps indigestion, twinings make a nice one you can have it hot or cold,i normally have it cole with a little warm water to stew it the the rest of the water cold.  It doesnt taste all that bad and helps me wonders.  My friend always has ginger but the peppermint works fine for me.

take care and thanks for your advice on my post.

amyx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi
My mum swears by a glass of warm water, sipped slowly.  Also ginger is great.

Love Karen X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts