Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came off of the pill (ovranette) a year ago to try for a baby. So far, I haven't had a period at all (so therefore gather I'm not ovulating). My doctor doesn't want to refer me for another year, is there anything I can do now? Also she tells me it is standard practice not to refer couples under 30 until they have been trying for 2 years. Is this the same for someone who comes off the pill and then doesn't have any periods?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi KJM,

You might be worth while going to another clinic, as Im only 23 and i was refered to the assisted conception unit ater 11 months.

Good Luck Hun,

I hope your journey is short.

Gem
^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
just wanted to say i think that is absolute rubbish!!  I was happy enough to try for 2 years - but we are 'unexplained'.  Clearly you have a problem if you are not ovulating and waiting for 2 years isnt going to change that.  God that makes me angry!!  I got referred after 1 year and spent the next year having all the tests etc.  I'd get yourself another GP or insist on a referral.  What does she think you're going to do - wave a magic wand?  Grrrr.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You definately need to referred now if the GP isn't going to do anything. Sometimes when coming off the pill, a woman needs tablets to induce the first bleed which can kick start her cycle so worth asking GP about that.

Ruth

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dear KJM

I would go to another GP.  That sounds like far, far too long to wait for something to happen.

I did not have any period 3 months after coming off the pill so my GP gave me Provera to induce bleeds.  On the third bleed he checked for ovulation with a blood test.  Since the blood test showed I was not ovulating my GP next gave me Clomid - two months later I ovulated!

Wishing you all the best and hope you ovulate soon

Anne   

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just wanted to thank you all for your comments and support! I have been back to my doctor and insisted that she does something. I have now started having blood tests to check hormone levels and she has agreed to refer me to a gynaecologist.
I'll keep you informed,
Kelly :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts