Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies, does anyone know how to go about finding an infertility counsellor? I know that clinics in the UK have to offer this service, but since I'm not at a clinic here I'm not sure how to go about finding one...!

Lilo xx

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Lilo
I haven't had personal experience of using an infertility counsellor myself but i have looked into it and found that when I googled it I came up with an association of fertility counsellors in the uk http://www.bica.net/ and I'm sure they should list all their counsellors or at least know where to direct you.
Hope that helps and good luck with your treatment
Rainbow

/links

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
What area are you in ? I have used them in London or places like Zita west also have them, or ring you local infertility clinic as many counsellors are freelance so you might be able to go just to see the counsellor.
L x

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rainbow and JJ1

Thanks for replying!  Those are all great suggestions.  I'm actually in the London area and have been to ZW before so may be I could try that.  I'm thinking for the moment I will start with more general relaxation type work and see how I feel after that!!!

Lilo xxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Have you tried hypnotherapy? I went to Maureen kiely - she was working at zita's when I met her but now has her own practice in Ruislip & Harley st- google her name and it comes up or on the Ff hypnotherapy thread. I went to a counsellor in highgate she was from Argc clinic & bica recommended & was £50 a time as Zita's ladies are £130. Pm me if you want her number.

Good luck x

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JJ - actually have decided first to to shiatsu!  I'm told it will help with relaxation, but also general wellbeing and I think that will be a good start. Did a bit of hypnotherapy about 4-5 years ago so might think again.

Lilo xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts