Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - a bit of history about us. We are just starting out on our journey - we have been TTC for 18 months
and have had some tests already bloods, semen analysis etc. Just waiting for my HSG on Monday before being referred
for IVF. Its hard for us as I already have 2 children so feel awful sometimes reading the posts I have read on here about
people without children. My children are with my ex husband though and my new husband and I are now desperate to
have a child of our own. We are faced with the IVF journey once the HSG results come in which we will need to pay for
as I already have children.

I am hoping to find other people starting their journey at the same time as us to keep our spirits up together along the
way. If anyone is on their journey and are around the doncaster area I would love to catch up. Its really hard as I don't
really have anyone to talk to I find it so hard to explain our situation, everyone thinks I should just be happy having
2 children and maybe I should but I just can't help but want a baby with my husband. Every month that AF arrives is
devastating and no one understands.  Everyone around me seems to be pregnant and I am struggling to cope so don;t have a clue know how I will handle IVF and the stresses without some friends to share my journey with.

So if there is any one who can offer advise on the next steps and what happens once we get our referral and are
diagnosed with unexplained, please let me know or if there is anyone at teh same stage / same situation as us please
shout up and perhaps we can share what I know is going to be a hard journey together.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Marie x

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hi Marie and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Board for Yorkshire :) http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=256.0

Starting out & Diagnosis ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

Any questions re IVF? Want to have a natter? Then have a look here :)
IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Marie,

We have been trying for over a year.

Am due to have HSG test on Tuesday- feeling a little worried about it- am a child when it comes to any kind of examination but will need to get used to it if we're to proceed.  I'm 38 and feel like the clock is ticking away. Hope yours goes well on Monday and good luck!

Niki  :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi.

just wishing you both lots of luck with you HSG's, i know the thought of the procedure is worrying but i was told that a good percentage of women fall pregnant after having it done! I was given the results there and then one tube was fine but the other was in spasm so they could not push the fluid through.

We are going down the DE route and are having to fund as DB has a child from a previous relationship, but in the meantime i am having acupuncture and hoping by some chance i will fall naturally

sending you both  ^hugme^  ^reiki^

Keep in touch

DDx

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello all, thanks for the messages - quick update on HSG it went ok - just waiting on results. Test was quite painful and did not quite go to plan but all being well should have results back in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed, thanks for the messages.

Ceri - thank you for the lovely message am navigating my way round the site and have had a couple of good fun chats in teh chant room. The links were also very useful. Thanks again xx

Marie x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi marie

Not from Your area, but we are in a similar sort of position, i also have 2 children from previous relationship, but my husband and i are so desperate for a baby of our own.

We've been trying for 3 yrs now, and have had a lot more downs than ups! mainly due to the first doctor we saw at the clinic who wasnt very compassionate to our situation and basically told us DI was our only option (my hubby had surgery when younger for undescended testes which affected his fertility) So we were left disappointed but resolute that that was the way we would go.
Luckily for us we saw a new consultant early last yr who turned everything on its head and said that we could infact have ICSI treatment - if only the previous doctor had said the same - we would be one yr further along! As it stands we are now on the very first step of treatment, hubby had SSR yesterday and we have an anxious wait to find out if freezing and thawing is successful  :-\ after that we will know wether or not we will be able to use his sperm for the IVF.

I'm much the same as you atm, just wanting to talk to people about their experiences and find out as much as i can! Its been such a long journey so far, but i can just about see light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope all goes well for you!

Kelly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts