Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in a pregnancy magazine from 1999 this morning that in the USA its possible to obtain cover against infertility as part of your company health insurance package. It said that availability mainly depended upon the level of coverage that your employer has, but most employees can obtain the cover if they ask for it. Some states have madates, but this doesn't mean there is always infertility insurance, Only states such as Massachusetts and Illinois which have 'hard mandates' compel insurers to provide fertility cover. Even so, some estimates show that insurance companies foot the bill for about 80% of all costs to diagnose and treat infertility!

Does this ever happen in the UK? I know its probably a really stupid question!

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi
nikki

i read an article recently that said something about usa insurance policies now including if tx in things they will cover , but dont think any uk policies will include it, worth looking into though
anyone lese any ideas??

love
suzie xx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Olive, yeah I wouldn't expect uk policies to follow suit  :( but would be great to hear anyone elses thoughts, views or hear about anything anyones seen related to this.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twilight zone boss man  :eek: - from me reading a 1999 mag to your up to date news on Infertileworld  ^bow^

Really is a wonderful thing though, can't see it happening in this country though.    :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.