Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can you help me out please

1) how much information did your clinics give you about the Spanish donors? Medical history, education, hobbies etc??
2) Also, beyond the height / hair colour / eye colour - were you able to put in requests for the donors? If so, which ?

Thank you so much xx!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey,
We got very little info from IB. We completed the phenotype form to state what our characteristics were (weight, height, hair colour, eye colour). But we were never told what the donors characteristics were. Only her blood group and a list of tests that she passed (e.g. medical, psychiatric, etc).
I was worried throughout my pregnancy about similarities but I firmly believe that the clinic are professional and bound by legislation to match us. We put our trust in them and they did not disappoint.
We have our perfect little baby and could not love him any more if we tried. It was the best decision we ever made.
Good luck on your journey ❤

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Lola! Interesting they asked for the characterisics for both of you. They only asked for mine...
So happy your journey has a positive outcome! xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Spanish clinic only gave me age and blood group of my donors. Most Spanish clinics are still the same although some may give more non identifying information. My children are 15 and this lack of information has been a source of pain for them and continues to be so as they just want to know more about about their genetic parents. You can shop around for clinics who may give a little more information for your children and you can also of course go to a country with ID release at 18 like Portugal, UK, Scandanavia which may be of great benefit for you future child.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts