Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently going for IUI, had first scan todayand found out that I had endometriosis. Not sure how this affects getting pregnant. Conceived our daughter naturally (11 months). Need to use the fertility route this time due to hubby on a strong course of medication for his arthatis which he started after the birth of our daughter. We therefore banked some sperm before he started his medication. Unfortunately we've only got enough for 4 tries as we we're misinformed, thought we had enough for 8 tries. Therefore its vital that we use the sperm in the right way to maximise our changes of conveiving.

After learning that I have endo on my right ovarie, is IUI a safe option for us? Apparently the size of the cyst is 2.5.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give us.

::)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text

Happytoddy said:
Hi

I'm currently going for IUI, had first scan todayand found out that I had endometriosis. Not sure how this affects getting pregnant. Conceived our daughter naturally (11 months). Need to use the fertility route this time due to hubby on a strong course of medication for his arthatis which he started after the birth of our daughter. We therefore banked some sperm before he started his medication. Unfortunately we've only got enough for 4 tries as we we're misinformed, thought we had enough for 8 tries. Therefore its vital that we use the sperm in the right way to maximise our changes of conveiving.

After learning that I have endo on my right ovarie, is IUI a safe option for us? Apparently the size of the cyst is 2.5.

You need to take the advice of your physician on this but for what it's worth I can see no objection to trying at least a couple of IUI cycles

Hope this helps!

Peter

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give us.

::)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts