Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours is on Monday 12th May, and its 7-9pm, I dont know anything about it, and was wondering what happens?

Do we all sit in a room and listen to people talking, or is like a conference type things where you can go round and talk to ppl with stalls, selling books and other information?
Is it for the entire 2 hours, or can you go in, find out what you want then leave?

I really have no idea what to expect and I told hubby I would try and get some idea from here.

Sorry if this is stupid post,, but as I said, we have no ideas what to expect with it.  :-[

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

On the information day that we attended, there were about 12-14 other couples and we all sat in a room, listening to social workers who explained the process, what to expect, what they expect from prospective adoptive parents, the types of children waiting for loving families (briefly went into finer details about what the children have been through themselves).  We also had a guest speaker from a lady who had adopted, which was only meant to be for about 20 mins, but she was so passionate and had lovely stories to tell, honest ones too, that she ended up talking for about 1hr  ;D.  The day was very informative and at the end, if we both felt that we wanted to take it further, we had to complete a form for an initial home visit.......and the rest, as they say is history :) :)

Good luck and all I would say is enjoy the process, be open and honest with the sw's and the time will fly by - it certainly has for us  ^reiki^

Coops
x

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;D  Thank you.

I have re read my post and I sound a real wally in it, fancy asking if there will be stall where they sell things  :-[

But I really had no idea, At least we know what to expect now.

Thanks xx ;D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

That's fine - we all go into this abit blind to be honest  ;D  Jus to confirm, the info evening is for about 2/3 hours and the prep course was for 3 full days, which in Hants, they have now extended to 4 full days.

Good luck  ^afro^

Coops
x

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes our info eve is from 7-9pm.
They told us over the phone that the prep is 4 days, I think over 4 weeks, but there is also a motivation day?? before that.  So 5 days in total.

At least we haven't got much longer to wait to find out more.  :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
We have been to 2 (Dorset and Bournemouth) and decided to go with the 2nd lot!!

They were very similar, 2nd one had a nice information table laid out tea and coffee and time to look at the info b4 starting then sw went through the process! Personally on both nights the most intersting bit for me was listening to the couples who have alreadey adopted!! Especially the 2nd night we went to, they were ttally honest and told it as it is which is great!!

Found althouigh it was intense that the 2 hours flew by!!

Had about 6 other couples at each!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
hevs  ^hugme^

i had to laugh at you feeling  :-[ cos you asked if they had stalls  - BUT only because i thought the same thing and they really did have a stall at our first day of prep-course...... ;D

don't worry too much - they want to recruit you! and the only silly question is the one you don't ask  :p

you'll do just fine - ritz  ^hugme^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts