Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I've got my initial ivf consultation coming up in a couple of weeks at the QE and starting to get really nervous now as dont know what to expect.  Just wondering if any of you ladies can put my mind at ease of what to expect on the day and how long the inital consultation takes.

Any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks ladies,
Take Care, Lyndsey xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Lynsey

Firstly, don't worry at all about your initial consultation, they're all absolutely fantastic there, so friendly and kind, so you'll be fine.  I'm not sure which consultation this will be, is it a first appt with a gynae or is it your first appt with the fertility nurses?  My first gynae appt took about 40 mins if my memory is correct and entailed lots of fact finding and then a blood test each and then appts for further tests for both of us.  My first fertility nurse meeting was around about the same length of time, but that was her telling us what the various treatment options were, how each worked, benefits etc.  How the process worked in terms of appts, medication, scans etc.  EC and ET, so was mainly information and getting to know you.

Hope this helps and hope you achieve the same success that we did through the marvellous QE team.  Feel free to get in touch at any time.

Michelle x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Lyndsey

I am currently having tx at the QE and i must agree with Michelle i think all the staff are fantastic the unit is very small but really friendly.

My first consultation took about 45 mins just to go through basic information on our tx, we then had another appointment which took about 2 hours as DH had to do his SA and i had a scan, the nurses then explained all our medication and gave us a date to start.

I am currently down regulating with EC planned for 19th May.

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me i'll try to help.

Wishing you loads of luck

Sharon

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Hi lyndsey83,

Wishing you loads of luck hun.  I have had treatment with them and they are a really nice bunch of caring people.  They will be very understanding and will take the time to answere all of your questions.

I can't say enough good things about them.  The first appointment can run for a full two hours, but it does fly past as they are thorough and very patient in listening and answering your questions.

As Billies says you need not worry about your appointment with them.

I'm here if you have any questions too!  ^hugme^

Gen  ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Pippa,

I have recently had my treatment at the QE they don't have a website but if you just give them a call they will post all the info out to you.

I think the waiting list is still around 6 months but well worth the wait, i can't recommend them enough all the staff are so great.

I am now 9 wks pg and asking my GP to refer me back to Mr Aird at the QE for the rest of my care, my closest hospital is UHND but i would rather travel that bit further and stay with the same consultants as they know my history and i think it will be so nice for them to follow up my pg.

Good luck

Sharon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.