Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Our appointment went ok.  We saw Dr Mekhal, and he was really lovely.  The only thing that has really disappointed us is the fact that we have to wait until March, or failing that April.  That's 5-6 months away!!!!   

By the time we left the hospital, visited parents, had tea and settled down I felt so drained (emotionally & physically) that I was in bed by 8.15!!  I still feel drained today. 

Just mentioned to one of my colleagues that we had to wait til March and she said 'Oh well that's not bad' !!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaargh!!!!!!  Not bad!  It sucks! Big time!     

DH feels better about knowing his part in the whole process, but he says he's worried about me coz I was so confused yesterday.  Poor thing!

I'm almost in 2 minds whether or not to come out on Saturday for our meet now since our treatment is so far away 

xx

PS - Just mentioned it to another colleague and she said exactly the same thing!!!!!!    Only my manager (who is really lovely) looked sympathetic towards me!  Kinda getting the feeling I should have stayed in bed today!!

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi steph

just wanted to send you a big hug ^Cuddle^ the waiting is awful isn't it, i am waiting until April/may  ^scared^ for my fet cycle (my choice) and i am hating the wait  :'( wish i hadn't said I'd wait until may but hey what can i do about it now  :mad:

on the plus side, i read that all statistics point to fertility TX having a higher success rate in the spring (thats what I'm keeping in mind when I'm fed up of waiting ^evil^) plus it gives you plenty of time to really prepare mentally and physically i was recommended Zita wests book which i found helpfull during TX.

i know what you mean about peoples comments though, as I'm sick of people telling me it will be here in no time :mad: but they mean well and are only trying to help

hope you are feeling more positive soon hun and hopefully time will fly for both of us  ;D ;D

take care

luv Pam xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Missy

^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

·
Registered
110 Posts
hi steph,
just wanted to say we had to wait for 3 months for our initial consultation at derriford saw the same dr although i could not understand a word he said lol.....
took another 3 months to get to have my hsg and d/f to have his swimmers tested, we spoke to the ocean suite yesterday and have been promised our results in the post this week. i had the hsg in september and we have to wait until jan just for the follow up consultation so believe me hun i know where you are coming from, we just feel a little better knowing we are now in the system even if i do feel like going at screaming that they are putting us through hell waiting.
best bit is we are still waiting to see dr achryu or however you spell it
good luck
petra and shane

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that  ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

We've come to the conclusion that in IVF-land all you do is wait!!  And then every once in a blue moon something happens, and then it's back to waiting again!!  ^furios^ ^skeleton^

Hope you get your results this week, I'll have my fingers crossed for you

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts