Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We've just got a date for our initial consultation with the LWC in Darlington, with lots of info and forms to complete.

bit of background - DH has Klinefelters Syndrome, so has no swimmers at all - we've got a 4 year old son conceived using DS.  I took clomid, and had hcg shot on cycle that worked.  This was at NHS hospital, who are no longer doing DIUI so we're having to use a different clinic.

So - the forms and info say that we'll be charged for the consultation plus a semen analysis, which will be carried out on the same day.  I'm prob being a bit dim here - but they won't really put DH through a SA will they?

They also ask for details of any past fertility investigations and evidence of the results - how do i get these and what counts as fertility investigations?  DH had SA's and testicular biopsy - will the hospital just give us the results of these?

I just had the routine blood tests, and scans - will the new clinic want to see the results of these?

Any advice appreciated
Wolla
x

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks girls
I contacted the clinic just to make sure and they've confirmed that it's just standard paperwork and DH won't have to do a SA.

Hazel - thanks for that - I've now got the list off the LWC website and will ask my GP if they can do these tests.  Will LWC be peeved if I turn up with the results, cos they charge over £300 for the tests i think.

Will be writing to old clinic this week to request notes too.

thanks for advice
Wolla
xx

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Hazel - that's really useful.  Think I'll struggle to get the FSH done before our appointment on 11th Jan as AF due any day now so too late for this cycle - and next cycle it'll be around New Year so everywhere'll be shut.  will speak to gp tho and see what i can get done through them.

We were hoping to save the £250 on the initial consulation by attending the open day - but the day we were due to go we had blizzards and the roads were so bad all the roads out of our village were closed (Today's the first day in the last 10 days that we haven't had any snowfall) :-( DH (who wasn't keen on going to the open day anyhow) then insisted that we just pay for a consultation and get started, so any money we can save on bloods will be welcome.

Thanks again - and hope all's going ok with your PG x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.