Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have bad injection site pain on Menogon?  24 hours later, it's really really sore and has a large raised red mark around the site.
:( :( :( :(
CooRoo

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Cooroo
Yes me too, afraid it is quite common to get painful  :-[ , if it gets to bad you can try moving the injection site
Lets hope it's all worth it, keeping my fingers crossed for you
Dydie

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
i had really bad pain with menogon injections, for some reason the first jab was the worst and my leg hurt so bad the next day it was painfull to walk on it. so my second cycle i decided to inject the opposite leg first and the exact same thing happened weird eh ?

good luck with tx hopefully it will all be worth it

pam xx

·
Registered
231 Posts
HI
i found that injecting into my leg was very painful I also got a raised sore lump I found it less painful in my stomach i just alternated the site.
Hope it all goes well
love Jue Jue ::) ::)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Ladies

My first lot of menogon injections were done in my bum but sadly they abandoned my cycle.  I've just started again and decided to try in my leg and boy never again... :( :(  the pain is horrific It feels like someone has stabbed me!!

I'm going back to the bum tomorrow!!

Its good to know I'm not the only one

Good Luck
Carol x

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi, hope you all don't mind me jumping in!

I'm on my first cycle of icsi,and I'm having the exact same problem with the Menogon,last cycle(iui) i was on a lower dose and found the injections fine.I had my third injection tonight and it was much better than the previous two and so far so good! (i am actually able to walk tonight without limping!)The first injection was terrible and my leg still aches a little at that site!I was dreading injecting again yesterday but the actual injection was OK it was later on it became sore,i was even thinking about splitting the medicine and doing two injections but have decided against that,so I'm hoping that the worst is over and they will be OK from now on either way i suppose i Will just have to grin and bare it and fingers crossed it will be worth it in the end!!

^goodluck^ to you all with your TX,hope all your dreams come true!!!!

Gbxx ^fairydust^

Ps I was told from clinic also to only inject in thigh or buttock!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all you ladies who share my injection pain!  I'm sorry that you do, but at least I am comforted by the fact that it seems normal.

I'm doing the injection in the belly.  I can't even fathom the thought of doing the thigh/leg.  It seems like that would hurt worse!  I rotate all around my belly button, but those sore spots stick around and I tend to run out of places. :(

Well, I'm hoping that it is preparing me to handle my Heparin shots that I have to start post transfer.  Those are HORRIBLE!  But maybe now that I've done these awful Menogon shots, it won't be so bad...

Thanks! coo

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Cooroo
hopefully you will not have to stab yourself any more and this one will bring you your dreams but just to let you know, the top of your thigh or buttock is not nearly as bad as you might expect, I am sure that it would be far more painful injecting into my belly as that area is far more sensitive
anyway good luck  ^goodluck^
Dydie

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
cooroo

have you checked with your clinic that it's ok to inject into your belly ?? we were told under no circumstances were we to inject into my tummy, so if you haven't asked please do, i would hate for you to find out later you shouldn't have done them in your tummy.

good luck

pam xx

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
dear cooroo

i just wanted to repeat what saphy75 has said about not injecting into the belly,i have used menogon on all 3 ivfs and the clinic told me that the other injectables were better suited for injections into the stomach area, IE menopur,gonal f etc, its because Menogon is a more purer drug and its best to inject into the upper thigh/or your bottom if you can get your d/p to do it ? i don't think you have done anything wrong its just that it will be less painful for you ,give your clinic a ring?
                                                all the best
                                                                stockportsun xxxxxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.