Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used IB in Alicante and it's brilliant! If anyone would like more information or answers to questions, please PM me...I'm happy to help with whatever you need to know

A-D xxx

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hi A-D

I am also an IB fan.

We are starting 2nd ICSI with them soon - Just waiting for AF to arrive and off we go again! 

Are you having tx any time soon?
L
xx

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hello

I've got my first appointment at IB on 29th July.  I'm really nervous, also really excited, but wishing there was more info on FF about it, and more people to (hopefully) cycle with.  The international department have been brilliant.  Can anyone tell me whereabouts the clinic is in relation to the beach near the old town (where our hotel is)??  I can't work out from the map... 

Any info you can share about your own experiences, particularly of DE, would be really useful.

Thanks a lot

Laura

·
Registered
29 Posts
A-D said:
I have used IB in Alicante and it's brilliant! If anyone would like more information or answers to questions, please PM me...I'm happy to help with whatever you need to know

A-D xxx
Hi

I hope to go there end summer for donor egg tx..... im looking at 8500 euro incl ICSI for my other half.....any good hotels/ self catering places? How far is clinic from the airport? Alicante I assume?

Any info gratefully received

Su

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hi Ladies,

The clinic in near to San Juan (which has some lovely hotels and beaches) and takes about 25 mins to get to from Alicante Airport.

Probably 10 minutes from the Marina and old town.

Just for the record I am an IB patient too (4th tx with them in Sep/Oct) but coincidentally we have a Spanish Farmhouse which has private accomodation with your own front door, lounge, kitchen and en suite bathroom plus full use of our swimming pool and BBQ. We are about 45 mins from the clinic/airport.
PM me if you would like details or any advice!

L
xxx

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm an IB patient too.  Having ID twins next week thanks to their donor programme  :)

Clinic is 20 mins to half an hour from airport and they send a free car to collect you - either to take you to your hotel, or to the clinic.  It's a nice touch!

We stayed in a hotel called Hotel Trypp - basic, but clean, right on the beach, near the Marina, near a taxi rank, and then 5 mins to clinic, and had free broadband.  The clinic arranged this for us - they will send you a list and then book you whatever you want.

Lentil's farmhouse sounds lovely though!

Good luck girls.

Laura

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hi Lirac,

Actually this was picked up at IVI when we went there for a consultation after 3rd tx at Bernabeu and he saw it on the dildocam scan. He said it was nothing major but better if we get it sorted.
I am going to talk to Dr Llacer at Bernabeu on 13th about why he didnt mention it before. Anyhow they said at IVI that it could be sorted when they do a laparoscopy. I will have it done if it could make a difeerecne - i have read it can be the cause of mc...

Good luck
xxx

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi Girls,
Some of you I "know" having bumped into on other threads.  I am just about to start my drugs for the Vistahermosa Clinic in alicante but am intrigued to know what IB is like? Can anyone give me the heads up on what they charge? how many eggs they guarantee if they guarantee? Do they share donors? do they have back up donors? If they go to blastocyst? if the do PGD? how long the wait is to find a donor?.... well everything basically  ;D ;D

Laura - Good luck with the twin delivery next week  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ - how exciting

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hiya,

I have been trying to find a self catering acc near san juan but not much joy...If you hire your place out could you let me know your cost for about 10 days...are you near a town or out of the way....how much is car hire roughly?

Many Thanks

Su x

Lentil said:
Hi Ladies,

The clinic in near to San Juan (which has some lovely hotels and beaches) and takes about 25 mins to get to from Alicante Airport.

Probably 10 minutes from the Marina and old town.

Just for the record I am an IB patient too (4th tx with them in Sep/Oct) but coincidentally we have a Spanish Farmhouse which has private accomodation with your own front door, lounge, kitchen and en suite bathroom plus full use of our swimming pool and BBQ. We are about 45 mins from the clinic/airport.
PM me if you would like details or any advice!

L
xxx

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
subicky said:
Hiya,

I have been trying to find a self catering acc near san juan but not much joy...If you hire your place out could you let me know your cost for about 10 days...are you near a town or out of the way....how much is car hire roughly?

Many Thanks

Su x

Hi Subicky,

Normally its 60 Euros per night for a week but we would do you 45 Euros per night for the aparment based on 10 nights/days. The apartment is bright and fresh and furnished with all new Ikea furnishings. We are 5 min drive to Pinoso which is the nearest town and we now have a 'Wellbeing, Health and Beauty' centre in Pinoso which offers all the usual beauty treatments but also holistic therapies including Reiki, Relaxation classes, Acupuncture and even painting and art classes! Pinoso has lots of lovely restaurants, tapas bars, doctors, chemist, supermarkets, bakers etc...You can still get a 3 course meal for 5 Euros at lunchtime here too!

We have found the best bet for hire cars is Europa Goldcar at Alicante Airport but there are loads and loads to choose from. Ebookers are a good bet to see what offers there are. We would provide you full detailed instructions on how to find us from the airport (about 45 mins) or meet you at the Airport if you preferred. If you are using IB they have a satellite clinic which is 25 mins from us and thats where we go for bloods, scans etc...in fact everything except the EC and ET which we go to Alicante for so to save you a trip to Alicante why not ask if you can do the same at their clinic in Elche. Dr Llacer speaks v good English.

Let me know if you are interested and would like pics or anything else.
L
xx

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Ladies
Just to let you know that IB don't have any discounts on offer at the moment.
I contacted them. The cost is 7,500 Euros plus meds, they estimated about 1,000 Euros depending on your country.
I asked about discount (well if you don't ask  ;D) and they said quote:
"We do not practise disccounts on first cycles, the price is the one we provided you. We offer a reducement in the price for second and third cycles in order to share with the patient the economical burden of a subsequent cycle"
Hope that helps.
S x

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm bumping this thread in the hope there may be somebody having treatment shortly with IB?

We have an consultation appointment in just over 2 weeks and hope to start treatment with DE in Jan/Feb.

Any cycle buddies?

^reiki^

Sarah x

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi SVB/Sarah,

If you don't find any IB cycle buddies (I'm reading all the threads about DE IVF) me and DH are having first appointment at Eugin on 7 Dec, for hopeful transfer Jan/Feb.  I am 44 - no actually 43 - but 44 in Dec and doing the losing weight thing - not for the IVF, but anyway.  Lost 1stone 3lb so far - about another stone to go ideally.  Gives me something else to think about.  Bangles.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Bangles

Well done on the weight loss. that's fab.

Good luck with your treatment in jan/feb.  ^pray^

We have our first appointment on 23rd November. Really looking forward to it so we can get on the way.

Sarah x

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yes, it's so hard waiting.  My dad's having radiotherapy at the moment, so we had to wait for that to finish before having an appt as we'll all be going together for a mini break - left him a bit of time to get over therapy at the end of the course just in case, although he's not having any real symptoms apart from dozing off a lot.  BTW - he's a desperately enthusiastic traveller - don't think we're dragging a cancer patient to Europe against his will - he could go to respite care if he wanted, but given the choice of sitting in a residents lounge with old folks or sipping sangria in a nice hotel and watching the world go by - well there's no choice to make.  We've booked the wheelchair assistance at the airport (he can walk some of the way).  Not sure what we'll do come ET time though???

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bangles,
So nice of you to take your Dad with you. He sounds like a great character.

Can anyone give me some more information about the DE cycle.
Do I start on the first day of my af with an injection and then take some tablets? How long do you take them for and how long is EC usually?
I'm trying to work out approximately when we would need to travel. I wanted to start tx on my Jan period which will be around 12th Jan.

Sarah x

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thanks so much Lirac for the info. Congratulations on your BFP  ^congrats^
So approximately 6 weeks ?
Can I ask you did you get your drugs in the UK? If so, how much did they cost and where did you find the most competitive?

I wonder if I ought to start on my December af. Our appointment is on 23rd November, so af would be about 3 weeks after that.
The original reason I didn't want tx in December is that I will be busy rushing around with my job so wanted to be more relaxed. But that would still make ET around end Jan/beg Feb. Ooh exciting!  ;D

I have to have a mammogram on our consultation as I'm over 40  :(
I also still need to find out my blood group and have smear and syphilis test, which they will also do at the clinic.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Lirac
We're going directly to IB. My clinic don't have an arrangement with any clinics abroad and the consultant isn't allowed to recommend any in particular.
We will get my clinic in the UK to monitor the scans, etc. I think it's about £500.
I assume IB will give me a prescription to bring home.
We've emailed all our other test results to IB, so we're just left with the blood group, smear, syphilis and mammogram to do on the day now. I did wonder if they may hold any treatment up, but if they take 2-3 weeks then it shouldn't.

Thanks very much for the info again. I feel like I'm doing this for the first time, when in fact it will be my 5th tx!

Sarah x

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hi Lovelies - I got the prescriptions through IB and then ordered everything via the local Pharmacy here in Pinoso. Roughly the DE meds cost us about 1,200 euros off the top of my bonce!
Hi Sarah - not long to go now - I am so looking forward to seeing you.
L
xxxxx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts