Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been on to view FF a few times but never posted anything myself. I debated whether I should post this topic but I have no one else to turn to and am feeling quite low at the moment.

I was diagnosed with POF in 2008 (at the age of 26), I had been married for a year and a half. I have had two unsuccessful ICSI cycles at the Lister.

Generally, I'm pretty positive and believe that my DH and I will have our own little baby. But this weekend my DH and I went away for the weekend and during it I got very upset and couldnt stop crying.

Intercourse has never been a strong point for us - with my lack of libido and dryness  its been difficult. However, lately intercourse has become even more difficult. I have tried Zestica which worked well to begin with and then stopped working. I have recently bought Preseed and was really hopeful this would work. But it didnt! I feel quite scared, like all of a sudden things seem to be getting worse.

Has anyone experienced any problems with intercourse?

All replies welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Hey Hun

Just wanted to reply and give you a massive  ^hugme^ 

I know exactly how you feel as I have definitely been there. The trouble with POF and TTC is that your body is forever telling you that you are tired but your mind is telling you to make a baby! This of course doesn't make sex easy and I tried everything to get in the mood so to speak. I didn't use either of the ones you mentioned, i used one called Sylk but I'm not sure if it's baby friendly or not.

I'm sorry I cant really help but I wanted you to know that you are not alone  ^hugme^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mac Cook,

Thanks so much for your reply!

Sometimes its not a solution thats needed but empathy. So I really want to say thank you so much for letting me know i'm not alone.

xx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
Have you tried/are you on any HRT? I was diagnosed at a similar age to you I think (I was 28). I'm now 36......3 children later (all by DE IVF) I take HRT called Tibilone which I find brilliant. Could be worth trying something along these lines. Are you under a consultant? Ask your GP to refer you to a menopause clinic. Hope you find something that works....it's horrid I know but there are things that help....you need to ask a Doc who knows though (not always easy to find!)
Sarah
xxx

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hon, you are so not alone! I was diagnosed recently and I find the hrt I am on has really helped, it is called Cyclo-Progynova.  It has made a massive difference to level of dryness  ;) but I'm still tired and need to make the effort! A supplement called DHEA is meant to increase libido too but Look it up online as I've just started looking into it.  You are not alone and you are not weird! Hugs and PM me anytime!
Squirrel xx  ^hugme^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.