Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats Agate, didn't realise you were expecting......i remember us 'talking' about immune stuff along time ago! (well feel like a long time ago but prob wasn't!!)

will take a look at your chat from yesterday  :)

love
Suze xx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
suze... not expecting.  had baby-bear in july.  you've got a better memory than me :)

A x

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome to the world baby bear xx

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Suze,

Intralipids has been around for a while. When I had immune testing done in 2006 it was used then, just I didnt need it at that time. When I was retested in 2009 my results were different and I needed it then.

I have had a baby using IL also, but I had IVIg, Humira, Clexane & steroids.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby

Cozy
:)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cozy

Sorry, I hadn't heard of intralipids before i had my successful cycle (after 4 failed immune cycles)......i wasn't aware that any clinics were confident using intralipids without ivig except CARE as they only use intralipids now, i just wanted to share the research findings

congrats on your miracle baby too
Suze

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Suze,

I dont think IL has not been used or for IF purposes for that long, though it has been used for IV feeding for about 30 years. I THINK it became more acceptable in its use mid 2008 and is now becoming more widely used and accepted - luckily for us  ;D

I know Dr Gorgy is happy to use just IL if your test results show that you respond better to IL than IVIg but if they dont then he prefers you to use IVIg or a combination. I believe Care just use IL and both clinics are sucessful, so who knows which is the way to go. I'm just glad I can have more IL than IVIg as its so much cheaper.

Def good to share any info as that is how we all find out about things and all IF and immune issues are such a minefield.

Take care

Cozy
:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi ladies

Thank you for sharing your success stories, it gives so much hope to those of us still trying!

I'm just about to start TX with IL (+pred/clexane and aspirin) with CARE. When we asked Dr N about IVIg and Humira he said he no longer uses these treatments as he has found IL to be more effective.

Lulu
xxx

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Does anyone know if the research mentioned in this article has been published yet- I did a journal search the other day and couldn't find it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.