Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've read in the FAQ that intralipids need to be diluted with Saline but when I had them in my clinic abroad they just put a 100ml bag through at full concentrate. Should I be worried? Why does it need to be diluted? Will it affect the efficacity if it wasnt? Is it dangerous?  :eek:

Hope

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
I'm sorry I don't know.  I just know that Care, Gorgy and SIRM say it should be diluted but I don't know why.  the 20% solution is quite viscous though so I'd expect it would be much more easy to drip in if its diluted down?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi

I have the same doubt... my doctor prescribed

INTRALIPID 20% iv solution 200ml x 1

" Prior and after the INTRALIPID 20% infusion, she will require iv hydration with 150 ml of normal Saline iv solution (over 15 minutes each time). The INTRALIPID iv sol. must be infused over 1-2 hours."

I understand I should have the full bag of 200 ml without any saline... should I worry???

Anyone else who had 200 ml ánd without the saline? My tests are all within the range 50:1 NK were 18% and should be 15%, CD3% was in the high end of the range. The rest was all ok so I am not a "critical" case..

Thanks for any word of wisdom... Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.