Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My twins are 6 months old tomorrow and I have been weaning them since 5 months. They had baby rice only to start with and then a variety of fruit and veg, cooked and pureed. They have taken to it well and have only show dislike to parsnip! Today they have moved onto cow and gate comfort milk 2 and I feel I should be introducing some other foods now to their diet.....
Q1 How and when did you start feeding your baby meat?
Q2 Is pureed liver ok - I imagine that would puree down well with no fibrous bits?
Q3 Would you wait a bit longer before moving onto meat/fish etc?

Any advice/tips welcomed!

Vic xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi Vic,

I had both Annabel Karmel and Lorraine Kelly's weaning books which I used as a rough guide of what to introduce when, and AK says to start giving liver from 9 months which I did. It's great as it's very soft (so long as you don't overcook it!), easily digested and a great source of iron.

As to other meats, I started with chicken at 6 months as it doesn't a strong flavour. It can be given in chunks as a finger food or blitzed in the food processor to mix in with veggies etc - it all really depends at what stage your two are with textures. I think I waited until 7/8 months to give fish and then started with some haddock (unsmoked).

Hope that helps,

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
I started chicken and salmon at six months and then minced lamb (pureed up) from about seven months.  Lamb is a food which rarely causes allergy so I'm told, so is probably a good introduction to red meat.  A hand held blender should pulp them all up nicely but be aware that chicken seems to need a lot of liquid to stop it being too dry (I used either the veg water or just milk to puree it up)

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I found that mince was good if simmered for a couple of hours or cooking in a slow cooker before blitzing it a bit in a blender.

Chux xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts