Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Jackie and I am now on my 1st attempt of ICSI, back in 1990/91 I failed at 3 IVF attempts and 1 frozen cycle. I am now 40 years old and praying that IVF/ICSI has improved over the years. Next Wednesday 13th July I am due to start my injections of 450iu if I have down regulated okay. This attempt is under the NHS after a 3 year wait. I would love to hear from anyone who is a similar age to me and is under going ICSI as i really do need some support from all of you out there. To add to all this my brothers wife is expecting in 3 weeks time and my father is undergoing a major heart operation this Friday.

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Jackie

Just wanted to say welcome to ff and good luck with your ICSI cycle.  :)

Jennifer xx

·
Registered
265 Posts
hi jackie,

just to say best of luck with your cycle.  i'm on my 6th icsi attempt now and have a scan tomorrow to maybe start hormone injections.  i also am usually on 450 of gonal f.

anyway best of luck to you - sounds like you've been through the mill also.  it's so tough when people around us get pregnant or give birth and it's not surprising it makes us sad & bitter.

take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting on.

ruby x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi yanni

I am almost 43 and have started my 1st attempt at IVF or ICSI depending on my DH's SA at EC, as his results were pretty bad when he had his first test in Sept 03, but since then with lots of homeopathy and acupuncture he last results were borderline normal.
I am on Supracur jabs to DR and should start Pregnyl jabs on 19th July to start stimms if the DR scan is okay.  Hopefully EC will be around 29th July.
Try to keep positive  ^reiki^ 
Last year I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks  and my DH's best friend's wife was pregnant and had her baby a few days before my due date and I couldn't see them until recently.  So i do understand and for you it is family which will be even harder.
^rainbow^
Wishing you lots of luck and  ^fairydust^
Take care
lshack xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.