Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

In the last month my partner and I have decided to go for egg donation with ICSI after I received a low AMH test. I am 48 years of age and my partner is 44 years. He does have a child from a previous relationship. Due to my age I am unable to receive privet treatment in Northern Ireland so am looking to go elsewhere - currently Institute Marquez in Barcelona or Sims in Dublin. I am desperately trying to get feedback on the Dublin clinic but haven't received any so far so all help appreciated.

My other challenge is my IT skills and negotiating this site.... I am having some difficulty so all help appreciated with that to.

This seems quite a journey! I am full of hope and excitement yet, of course , the impatience and frustration and all the decisions are there to.

~I very much look foreward to being part of this community.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Julie3620

I'm a newbie to. I'm sorry but I can't give you any advise on your clinics but wanted to say hi. You sound very positive something that I find difficult to maintain. Good Luck on your journey.

x

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi julia, welcome to FF. it is completely understandable that you are full of a mix of emotions, this can be a long and challenging process. I am from N. Ireland and have just had a failed FET. I cant really help with onfo on the clinics but there is an ireland board, people from both the north and the south and they may be able to give you some info on Simms. If you scroll down the main menu, you will come across ireland. When you click on it there are cycle buddy threads on which the girls are lovely but you can also post your own question and someone will hopefully answer it for you.

Hope this helps and you get the info you need to help you on your journey. Wishing you all the best for your future treatment.

Emma xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hiya I am new to FF too...!

Im having ICSI. Started injections about a week ago and I have had my baseline scan today; things are looking good and have just done my first evening injection - it went ok, getting used to it now.

Would love to here from others that are at the same point in their treatment as me.

Good luck everyone.

Chat soon.

K8 x

ps how do I get all the fancy images and treatment detail on my profile...? Thx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Julia! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I see you have already found the Ireland board, as well as some of the abroad ones. Here are a few other links that I think might help you.

A Rough Guide To IVF - CLICK HERE (This is a breakdown of the procedure of IVF which is the same as ICSI up until the point of fertilisation)

ICSI chat ~ CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs ~ CLICK HERE

Trying to conceive over 40 ~ CLICK HERE. If you look at the second thread on that section you will see loads of success stories which will hopefully inspire you.

I am sure the "The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations)" thread will give you some helpful info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE It helped me a lot when I started out, I am not that technically minded either!

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.