Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have been a member here for about a week and thought it was about time I introduced myself. Have left it till now becuase it's a little nerve wracking (believe it or not!)

So here goes...

I have know I 've had fertility problems since the age of 19 when I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I spent my first marriage trying to concieve, had 3 miscarriages and 1 ruptured ectopic where they took the tube. I was also diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, fibroids, retroverted uterus, adhesions and elevated prolactin. Needless to say I was advised that IVF was the only option at that point!

I left my first husband at the age of 28, knowing that also meant I would probably never have any children. I have been fortunate enoughto meet a wonderful man and we married 4 years ago.

Becuase of all of the complications, we decided not go go down the IVF road and adopt instead. We finally got our little girl in the Summer when she was 4 months old and she was beautiful. We settled into family life and I thought everything was complete. 

Unfortunately our daughters mother changed her mind about adoption and they took  her back.  I cannot begin to describe this.

We have now decided that we will try IVF because at least it means that no-one can take any child away from us. I am on day 7 of stim and have 18 folicles developing which is sore!

By the way, when I went for the tests for this, my womb was the right way round, the fibroid had gone, my hormones were normal and my ovaries looked mainly normal...(bit spooky really considering the last 15 years)

I'm so glad I found here. I don't know what is going to happen but just reading ths board is ginving me support, even if I don't post much.

Thank you xxx

Witch

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Witch

A big welcome to you.  I am so sorry to hear all you have been through. You sound like an incredibly strong person.

It sounds like you are on the right track now  - all the very best of luck for your current cycle.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Nicky x

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hello,

I am so glad that you decided to post on the site, it does take time to get over the nerves, I looked at it for weeks before I could do it!

I am so very sorry to hear of the pain that you have been going through over the years. I cannot imagine how awful it must have been to have your daughter taken from you like that  :'(

I hope that the future holds every success for you, how amazing to have had such a turn around with hormones, ovaries, uterus (no pun intended!) etc... It all sounds very positive.

I'm afraid that I have no experience of endo, ectopic etc... but I do understand the pain of miscarriage and how lonely it feels to want a family and not be able to get there.  I'm starting my first icsi in Dec!

Im sure that you will find all the support thatyou need here, even if it is just to read the posts. Everyone has been so friendly to me and it really helps  ^Cuddle^.

Lots of love to you
Kty xxxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nicky and Kty  ;D

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you Kty. I know its easy to say but keeping positive does help.

After all I was married to a total jerk the first time around - so I count my blessings not to have had any children with him sometimes because I'd still have to see him - YUK!

At least if we don't get preganant I will be able to look back and say at least we tried if you know what I mean.

My DH is a wonderful man and I know things could be worse.....

Would love to know how you get on

Witch xx

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hello again witch,

You are so positive - I'm so glad that you and your dh have found each other and you are not with a jerk! 

You should come over and join us in the cycle buddies board - I visit the 'Dec / Jan' thread. We are all starting tx at the mo.  You might want to visit the Nov / Dec as they will prob be at the same stages as you.  I would love to keep up to date with your progress, fingers crossed for you. And lots of luck too!!!  ^fairydust^

love Kty xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Witch

Just wanted to say hello to you and welcome too!

Wishing you luck with your journey.

Laine x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts