Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed more light on this topic as i think i might go mad!ttc 1year,refered to gyn as Have been charting my cycles with OPK [which have all shown a positive reading]and found my cycles to have a very short luteal phase [around 5-7days] which i thought was very unusual .GP and consultant both do not think this would affect fertility [???]Have had 21day prog test [on day 23] and result was 10 which I assume to be low.Have been back toGP as its 6weeks till next appt with gyn] and he says the 21 day test is a very random test and to go back for more prog tests next cycle at 3 day intervals .
I am really not sure what to think or do next-I have read so much on short luteal phase yet no one professionally seems to recognise this condition or offer a solution-has anyone else had this condition and what has their treatment has been?
I have also been taking agnus castus & Vit b6 for 3-4months
vp

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Women with short luteal phases often need to take a form of progesterone to lengthen the cycle and give any embryo a greater chance of implanting. It definately does affect chances of conceiving.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts